Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FP-6FG???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 AM
dropmech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FP-6FG???

Hello all,
I have come across a Futaba FP-6FG radio with servos and receiver for sale at a great price. I am fairly new to this hobby and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model. It appears to be in mint condition. As well as the components with it. I just bought a Beaver and I need to know if this would be a good purchase for the plane I bought. I understand that the radio is 6 channel. Good for the future I guess. Thank you all for any help you can give.
---Mike
Old 05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
jlingrel

Default RE: FP-6FG???

The FG series radios were very good in their day. They still are today for a non computer type radio, if they have the FP-TP-FM module in the transmitter (Narrow band for 1991 specs) and at least a Futaba 127 receiver (also FM). If it is not narrow band, it is not worth much. I have about a half a dozen of them, and love everyone of them. Have never lost an airplane to a radio problem.

John
Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
dropmech

Thank you[8D]
Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

JLINGREL, I have a FG Series Futaba in the gold case with the FP TF FM Module.... This an old radio that I have been using with great success after receiving the radio with an airplane that I purchased from a friend.... Yesterday when I switched it on to check the meter it worked as normal... I switched it off and a few minutes later when I tried to charge the radio it would not take a charge... When I tried to switch it on it failed to come on... Would think that the switch is broken or a wire to the battery since it will not take a charge or show on the transmitter meter..? I am going to disassembly it tonight and try to trouble shoot the problem.. It may be a loss cause... Also, how do you remove the battery as it is built in? Thanks... Richard
Old 05-11-2006, 02:21 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a fuse on the PCB inside the transmitter. It is in the lower right side looking at the back. I would check that first.

To take the battery out you will need to remove one of the side pannels. When putting the side pannel back on do not over tighten the screws or you will break the plastic they screw into.

I hope you can get it fixed. That is a great old transmitter.

Pete
Old 05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Richard39

I have the fuse out and it is no good... Do you know what size fuse to replace the fuse... How many MIL Amps? ... I am not taking the battery out until I replace the fuse to see if everything is still in working order.... The battery is connected by a long wire and a small electrical plug .... It was necessary to remove both sides and the the back side.... but was easy and no problems... You were right about not over tightening the screws.... Three screws missing and the inside plastic screw holes were busted.from previous owner over tightening.. Thanks...
Old 05-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Richard39

Does anyone know the correct fuse size for this radio?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
EyeflyRC
My Feedback: (147)

I would suggest that you take the old fuse to a hardware store or Radio Shack and have them match it with a new one.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Richard39

Your suggestion was right on... I got fuses at Radio Shack and have corrected the problem... thanks..