Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jr10x and Hitec receivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 02:27 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr10x and Hitec receivers

I have a question....I am getting ready to step into the world of Jr10x and I have quite a few Hitec receivers and was wondering if I could use them. They are not PCM, but I have like 6 or 7 and I really don't want to spend like 900 + dollars just to replace all my recievers. I guess I could get like 1 or 2 and just switch them out because I can only fly 1 plane at a time right But just to ease my mind, will my receivers work?
Old 12-18-2002, 03:01 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dead:

If your previous radio was Futaba (or most Hitec) keep it because it is "Negative shift" and the JR, along with Sanwa/Airtronics is "Positive shift," and wont drive the negative shift systems. Most Hitec, because Hitec rx can be bought with either mode.

Hitec makes tx with selectable shift that are supposedly compatalbe with all rx, but I've heard of problems trying to drive JR rx with Hitec tx, haven't heard of JR tx having any problem w/ pos shift Hitec rx.

Summary:
Transmitter: Receiver: yes/no
Futaba_____Fut/Hitec__OK
JR_________Fut/Hitec__NO
Futaba_____JRAirtr____NO
JR_________JR/Airt____OK

Of course, all this assumes the tx and rx are on the same channel.

Hope this helps, but my preference is the Futaba.

Fly your twin with JR, Futaba's where my choices are.

Bill.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:08 AM
DeadSticker

The radio I use is the Hitec Eclipse. It is a great radio, but I am starting to get into larger scale (25% and up) and would like to upgrade my radio too. And it seems like all the "pro" fliers are using Jr. I really don't have a prefrence when it comes to radios. I usually go with what I see used the most. And most of the people at my field fly Jr too. Hardly see any Futaba's.....
Old 12-18-2002, 03:57 AM
William Robison

Dead:

Find someone at your field with JR on your channel. Try his tx, if it will operate your Hitec rx and servos go with JR, you wont have to replace all your radio gear. This is the quick and dirty compatability test.

If the JR radios wont drive your Hitec you have a couple choices. One is to wear yourself out switching the rx from plane to plane after you buy the JR, expand your nostrils (You'll pay through the nose) and buy a dozen or so new JR (or pos shift Hitec) rcvrs, or do the more economical thing and get the Futaba 9Z system.

The older Futabas were a royal PTA to program, but the 8 series Futaba is easy, and I've been told the 9Z makes the JR 10x look awkward.

Regards the JR radio users at your field. That is a consideration, they can be a big help. But, and it is a big but, how many of them have blown a megabuck for the 10x? If you have the only 10x, or the other fellow with one seldom comes out, how much help will the JR users really be?

We have both here in NE Florida, but the Futaba users are still about 2 to one JR user. And you'll find just about the same number of "Pro" fliers with Futaba as with JR.

I personally have both, but all new purchases are Futaba or Futaba compatible (Park fliers with light gear, etc)

Check the January issue of RCReport. Gordon banks reviews the JR XP662, and says he likes it. Frank Tiano said he loved the Futaba 9Z.

So you know what I think, you know how to find out if you'll have to get all new rx for your planes, now you have to decide.

Futaba or JR? I'd throw the JR, throw it far.

Bill.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:04 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Bill.....some people just don't know a good thing even when they get smack with it !

JR 10 x in my opinion is the best radio out there....minus the Multiplex / Graupner....

Daniel D.

NOT sponsored.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:07 AM
DeadSticker

Yeha the multiplex is quite the contender....I am looked at those today actually ( I am in Germany till Feb) And the price....WHEW....i think I will go 10x. Even though the 9z has caught my attention now!!! ( thanks william!!!) J/k Both look like they would do what I want them to do. Just deciding which one I want now. The 10x is cheaper...hmmmmm
Old 12-19-2002, 03:34 AM
William Robison

DeadOne:

The 9Z and 10X are both very good radios, if you shop around you can get the 9Z and the 10X for almost exactly the same price. It is your choice. I still suggest the Futaba to maintain compatability with your current gear, but you wont be hurt buying either one.

Just noticed TAFB as your registered location. When I got out of
RBs I drove C-121s there until I got into TAC. Some good memories. Hope you like it too.

Pick JR or Futaba, the arguments still go blah-blah.

Bill.