Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9303 vs 8103

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 vs 8103

OK,

I have a friend who is wanting to upgrade from a 6102 and is looking to purchase either of these two radios.

I am somewhat familiar with the 8103 as it has been out for quite a while, and only have information on the 9303 that was published by MFR and info from AMA magazine.

The 9303 appears to be easier to program, and has 30 model memory, but what of the dependability factor?

Any Pros or Cons to either of these Radios?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dave
Old 05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 9303 vs 8103

I have owned and used the 9303 for the past year. It is the best radio I have ever owned. It is much more versatile than the 8103 and has more features. I would consider it to be the poor man's 10X. I fly my turbines with it and have never had a problem. It is easy to program and "feels"right in your hands.
TOmmy
Old 05-09-2006, 09:30 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

I used one of the "other" brands for years and recently bought a 9303 and I really like it. If a 7 channel radio is all you need maybe you should look at the new 7202. It has a scanner to tell you if someone is already on the channel you want to use and you just program in a different channel which it will scan and then you have to tell it to transmit , the way I read the advertisement on the JR and horizon site.
Fred
Old 05-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own both an 8103 and a 9303 and have a buddy who has the 6102. The 8103 and 6102 are pretty much the same with regard to mixes and features. The programming is essentially the same. The 9303 has several added features that make it very nice for multi-engine planes as well as using multiple channels on controls like dual servos on elevator. It has a throttle curve and 2 throttle curves when you set up a twin. It has flight modes and a 3 position flap setting for take off, flight and landing. It has 7-point mixes as opposed to 5-point on the 8103.

The 9303 programming is typical JR, which I think is easier than any other radio. There are new screens like the Device Select where you turn off switches and trims so the channel can be used for a "Mate" to a control or engine. This is different, but a couple of times through it and you'll have it down. The Wing Type screen has added functions for mating up channels, but that's fairly intuitive. If he can program the 6102, the 9303 will take him a couple of days max. The manual has several mixing examples for common things like knife edge.

Programming entry method, whether it is buttons, touch screen, a wheel or the rotary selector has nothing to do with ease of programming.

Personally, I can't think of anything else I would want in a transmitter except maybe an ear piece and being able to have it identify switches I touch when I'm flying. It is an excellent transmitter.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Pilot232
My Feedback: (3)

Dave,

I have had a 9303 for about a year now. It performs just like all my JR products for the last 20+ years. Which is to say flawless!!
You will never go wrong. I bought a synthesized frequency module and range went UP! Feel free to call me if you have any questions about it.

Travis