Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Jitter

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Jitter

I recently inherited 3 Gws servos on a 96" Decathlon...yeh I know they are not the greatest but heres the problem.

One of the ailerons jitters when you apply rudder.
I checked voltage and it is never less than 5.2v
Replaced the servo with another and it still does it.
Removed the Rudder servo from the reciever and it does not do it.
Put one of my digital servos on in place of the rudder servo and the aileron now works fine.
My question is: 1. Why does it not interfere with the other aileron servo?
2. What could the Rudder have to do with the Right aileron.
(there is no mixing and no Y harness and I already swapped out extentions and channels and the problem always shows up on that one servo)

Any ideas
Im getting rid of the servos but still want an answer coz its bugging me

Andy
Old 12-22-2002, 05:32 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Servo Jitter

What brand radio equipment are you using? My first instinct is that the aileron that doesn't have a problem is the one that's mixed or the "other" aileron when using a dual servo setup.
Just one of the radio gremilins rearing their ugly heads again
Old 12-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default Servo Jitter

Futaba 9c and I tried swapping channels. It also did it on a Y harness and with a JR system so its gotta be the servo although I fail to see how it can be the Rudder and it ONLY does it when you apply Rudder. Took it off and tested it with a Hitec programmer couldnt see any problems. Tried it with no extension off the wing and it still does it only when you apply rudder.
The only thing I can think is that somehow the rudder servo is giving off some interference.
The rudder servo is on a pull pull and is not binding.
the only other thing it has that Im not use to is Nav lights but they are not hooked up.
I will say that these GWS servos all buzz quite a bit so maybe they are at fault.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Ikaros

Default Servo Jitter

Sounds like the rudder servo are echoing interfernce signals to the reciver when you operate it. Possibly due to a defective potentiometer ?

<insert flames here>

Cheers,

Ikaros
Old 12-24-2002, 01:28 AM
LoboFlyer

Default Servo Jitter

It could be possibly a failing servo. Before replacing anything, you might try wrapping the rudder or aileron leads around a ferrite rod or torroid. You can get it from Radio Shack I think (at least you used to). Make sure to not wrap the leads from more than one servo around a single ferrite (use separate ones for each servo if you want to do them all).