Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Heli/Airplane Radios

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
enahs
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli/Airplane Radios

Soon I'm going to be a newbie heli pilot. I don't want separate radios for both my airplanes and my helis. So my question is: can I use an airplane radio to fly helis and airplanes or vice versa? Right now I have a Futaba 6XAS and I plan on upgrading to the 7C or the 9C super. If I can do this, should I buy the heli version or the airplane version?

Thanks
Shane
Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Karyn

Default RE: Heli/Airplane Radios

Where two verions of the same radio are offered, as with 9CAP or 9CHP, the main differences are default switch positions and ratchet on throttle. THey normaly have the same software in them.

I use a 9cap to fly helis (Trex and Raptor 30) only because I had it already for flying 'planes. It's a 2 min job to disable the rachet and the switch assignment is stored in model memory.

Always buy the best TX you can afford.

Karyn
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If you know you are going to be flying helis and are purchasing a new radio get the H version.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:29 AM
BSC
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey

If you know you are going to be flying helis and are purchasing a new radio get the H version.
Yes, get the heli version because it is much easier to fly a plane without the ratchet throttle than to fly a heli with the ratchet throttle.