Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Z expert Question?

Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z expert Question?

Hi does anyone know how or if the 9Z series (WCII) version Futaba radio handles a low receiver voltage situation?

1. At what voltage does fail-safe occur if it does... and what channels would display that fail-safe condition? Does batt-low have to be set by user or is it default?

2. Is low voltage fail-safe user adjustable in the 9Z...i.e. each channel selectable like the 14MZ?

3. If (R/F) fail-safe was set for several flight surface channels in the (9Z) would those same channels go to those same preset fail-safe positions if a low voltage condition occurred? As you may know or may not know the 14MZ allows fail-safe to be set independently for batt-low & R/F fail-safe condition... how does the 9Z handle the recovery from batt-low fail-safe or does it?

Please let me know what you know for sure through testing or experience..
Lee
Old 06-18-2006, 09:00 AM
gnichola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9Z expert Question?

I don't have the radio anymore, but, I checked with the manual and it states that only the throttle goes to failsafe on low voltage. For the normal loss of radio type thing you get to choose hold or FS for each channel. You cannot set the FS voltage. The throttle can be brought back from the battery FS setting on command (assuming your battery still has enough power).

The 14mz lets you adjust each channel for each of the two failsafe conditions.

Regards, Guy