Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

"jr sport" gear. . . ok to use or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 AM
teamevan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "jr sport" gear. . . ok to use or not?

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING A 12.5ish pound COURSAIR. I PUT A ZENOAH 20EI IN IT AND AM NOW INSTALLING RADIO GEAR. I HAVE A PCM CAPABLE TX BUT DONT REALLY WANT TO PAY 100 BIG ONES FOR A PCM RECIEVER YET. IS A SPORT RECIEVER WITH THE 6 CHANNEL OPTION OK? OR IS IT TOO MUCH OF A RISK WITH MY NEW BEAUTY?

WILL POST PICTURES SOON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes i grease landings. . . sometimes i grease the trees. . . but they always come back down.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: "jr sport" gear. . . ok to use or not?

I have been running the ST47B servo's for a while with not one hitch. I inquired about that servo asking specific questions about how the specs matched the JR 537 servo, and was told they are extremely similar by the Horizon tech. I cannot tell the difference by looking at them or by how they funtion. For the most part it seams like a marketing thing. Repackage it and lower the price.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:58 AM
teamevan

I have had the same food luck in 40 - 60 size birds with the servos as well. . . i will run one for my throttle and the rest will be high torque

but what about the receivers????????????

thanks for the responce!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one reciever looks just like a R700 except for the fact that it is shift selectable. I would call horizon and ask them if it is very similar. It looks as though it may be pretty close. I have been useing the little Hitec electron 6 channel reciever in my 110mph .75 powered Shoestring with no problems at all. I also used a electron in a 14lb YS 1.10 powered plane. The little electron reciever actually ranged checked better on the ground than the R700.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:52 AM
teamevan

do you know the website for the electron?

thanks!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a couple of the 125oz servos for a TF giant P-47. Last night, for curiosity sake, I measured the current draw using my watt meter. The test setup had the watt meter between the battery and receiver. The watt meter has 10ma resolution. A single 125oz servo draws about 10ma at idle and 430ma during pretty fast stick twiddling. With 2 servos, idle was 20ma and about 760 to 820ma during twiddle time. Not scientific but it gives you a fair idea of current draw. I figure the non linier current on multiple servos would be due to manual stick movement. Then I tested it moving the sticks as if I was flying in a much slower fashion. Current dropped drastically. Active current draw was around 170ma for 2 servos. Kind of eye opening. Just food for thought.
I think JR is finally coming around with their sport line and they also have a new 70oz servo for about $30, DS821. Gonna try some of those in my Phaeton 90 when they come out.
Edwin
Old 06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

you can get the electron, a hitec product from www.wervocity.com or tower or www.quantummodels.com