Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Graupner/JR MX22 Tx buddy lead

Old 06-22-2006, 01:49 AM
vincentp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner/JR MX22 Tx buddy lead

Hi

Has anyone sucessfully connected another (non mx22) tx to the MX22 with the MX22 as the master? I have the PC/trainer module installed in my MX22 but can find zero info on compatibility. I'm tring to use my JR Quadro 4 hc tx as the slave, I've tried sterio<->sterio, mono<->sterio,sterio<->mono & mono<->mono with no luck, the MX just keeps beeping saying no slave signal.

Any ideas?

vince.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:52 AM
olivier

Default RE: Graupner/JR MX22 Tx buddy lead

Hi,

Perhaps first check the reference of your master module in your MX22, see the overview table on my website chapter 5 (in the beginning). Eventually also check the (German) overview table of Graupner here http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/new...r_Schueler.pdf who was released a little after my overview-table.

You normally should use a buddy lead mono (slave) to stereo (MX22). But on the stereo connector of the lead, signal should be on the tip and ground should be on the middle connection (sleeve is not used).

To check if your slave TX gives a signal, eventually check voltage on the stereo connector (should be between 0.6 volt and 9.6 volt. Even better is to download the PPM- stick or 'thermometer' to see the channels of your transmitter with a simple audio MONO lead (no settings necessary!) : http://users.skynet.be/phildc/Files/RCAudio.exe

Keep in touch,
Olivier
Old 06-23-2006, 07:34 AM
vincentp

Hi Olivier

I did try using the mono to stereo cable before I posted, I tried all sorts of combinations however the mx22 could not see any signal from the slave (JR quadro 4 ch tx). The mx22 has the 3290.22 interface module installed. According to your chart, I need a 3290.8 cable - or a mono to stereo cable?

vincent.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:08 AM
olivier

Hi Vincent,

Correct, according to Graupner's chart you need the 3290.22-teaching module in your MX22 and the lead would be the same as for the JR X-347, X-388 or X-3810, which is part n° 3290.8 . Same lead is necessary for the MX12 as slave (which is the same as JR X-2610 or 6102) which also uses mono-jack like all JR's.

However, the lead doesn't look like a simple mono to stereo, there seems to be some electronics inside the stereo-connector, see this picture :
http://www.rokemodell.de/produkte/gr/gr3290.8.htm

So I'm afraid you really have to look for the original Graupner lead.

Olivier

Old 06-25-2006, 06:18 AM
vincentp

Hi Olivier

thanks for the info.. I'll see if I can track one down.

vincent.