Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

upgrade to eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 11:30 PM
jaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade to eclipse 7

Hi
I have owned a flash 5 for the last 2 years and feel it is time to upgrade, what do you think of the eclipse 7?
Thanks,
Derek.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:48 PM
Sawyer692-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Awesome radio! Does everything I would ever want it to do and is very easy to program.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:01 AM
CyberPilot
My Feedback: (2)

I love mine too... but if I was about to buy one right now I might wait until the new version comes out. It's supposed to have PCM capability and improved software features.

I don't know when it's supposed to be available but I thought I saw a post from someone in New Zealand or Australia who said he already received one of the new ones.

If you can get by with your Flash 5 for a little while longer you may consider waiting....

Just my .02,
C.P.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:12 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copy of part of my post 21.12.02
FWIW it is Christmas - I traded my old Eclipse on one of the new ones. Hitec certainly listened to the comments which appeared earlier on the newsgroups and the first immediately noticed improvements are:
1. Model name appears in large letters as the TX powers up - lasts for 2 seconds and then screen reverts to the main voltage/time display.
2. New QPCM function designed for the latest Hitec QPCM RX. This PCM system
is much faster than the old system and will not operate the old HPD-07RD PCM RX. The new QPCM RX is labelled HPD-07RH.
3. Failsafe does not have to be actuated to use the QPCM signal.
4. Trim value flashes on screen when a digital trim is used. One press of the edit key will hold the trim display on screen in lieu of the voltage etc display.
5. Model set-up function menu, was very easy, but now made even easier to select different models.
6. Software version number. Model set up menu now also has a "VER" display which shows which software version is loaded into the TX - allows for easy upgrades by user as each
upgrade is marketed. LHS advises that the current VER.10 software will be available for those with old TX to easily upgrade their old TX about Feb.03.
However, TX on 72 MHz may have to be returned to the service centre in USA (depending upon how the odd rules on TX "modifications" in that country will be interpreted). No more having to buy new transmitters with a simple A, B or C etc model number change just to obtain what was only a software
upgrade.
7. May only be imagination with a shiny new TX but the "feel" appears to have improved also - might just be the stick tension was preset by a different person on the assembly line.
regards
Alan T.
A.T.

FWIW it is Christmas - I traded my old Eclipse on one of the new ones. Hitec certainly listened to the comments which appeared earlier on the newsgroups and the first immediately noticed improvements are:
1. Model name appears in large letters as the TX powers up - lasts for 2 seconds and then screen reverts to the main voltage/time display.
is much faster than the old system and will not operate the old HPD-07RD PCM RX. The new QPCM RX is labelled HPD-07RH.
4. Trim value flashes on screen when a digital trim is used. One press of the edit key will hold the trim display on screen in lieu of the voltage etc display.
5. Model set-up function menu, was very easy, but now made even easier to select different models.
6. Software version number. Model set up menu now also has a "VER" display which shows which software version is loaded into the TX - allows for easy upgrades by user as each
upgrade is marketed. LHS advises that the current VER.10 software will be available for those with old TX to easily upgrade their old TX about Feb.03.
However, TX on 72 MHz may have to be returned to the service centre in USA (depending upon how the odd rules on TX "modifications" in that country will be interpreted). No more having to buy new transmitters with a simple A, B or C etc model number change just to obtain what was only a software
upgrade.
7. May only be imagination with a shiny new TX but the "feel" appears to have improved also - might just be the stick tension was preset by a different person on the assembly line.
regards
Alan T.
A.T.

upgrade.
regards
Alan T.