Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9zwc2

Old 12-28-2002, 02:42 AM
Ground Zero-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9zwc2

I remembered the advise given to me years ago and finally took it;” buy the best radio you can afford (with out being served divorce papers)…you will not regret it.” So I took my Xmas bonus and purchased a new 9Z. All I can say is WOW. Awesome display, the ergonomics and overall feel are much better than my 9C. Synth module…cool! Next step is to dive into the manual and discover the flexibility others have raved about. I wonder how close/easy the set up will be compared to my 9C? Currently I am assembling a US 120 with quad flaps and the manual walks you thru the steps to program the 8U. Has anyone had any experience in setting up this configuration with a 9Z? Any help or resources would be great.

Mike
Old 12-28-2002, 04:03 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 9zwc2

Originally posted by Ground Zero
I remembered the advise given to me years ago and finally took it;” buy the best radio you can afford (with out being served divorce papers)…you will not regret it.” So I took my Xmas bonus and purchased a new 9Z. All I can say is WOW. Awesome display, the ergonomics and overall feel are much better than my 9C. Synth module…cool! Next step is to dive into the manual and discover the flexibility others have raved about. I wonder how close/easy the set up will be compared to my 9C? Currently I am assembling a US 120 with quad flaps and the manual walks you thru the steps to program the 8U. Has anyone had any experience in setting up this configuration with a 9Z? Any help or resources would be great.

Mike
When I was testing the 9Z against the 10X, I went through this exercise. It was fairly easy on both radios. Since then I had the occasion to setup quads on my 40% Extra with split ailerons on the 10X, but don't remember exactly how it was done on the 9Z. I've still got a 9Z in the shop, so I'll grab the manual and post it here if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I know on the 10X there is a function strangely enough called "Quad Flpas" in the wing type setup. On the 9Z, I believe you use the flapperons and a mixer, but I could be wrong. Its been a while. I'll check and let you know for sure.

Take the time to go through the manual from cover to cover. There is lots of information there. And congrats, 9Z and/or 10X, you got a world class radio that will do more than most pilots ever dream of doing with their equipment.