Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 652 Flaperon set-up problem

Old 12-29-2002, 03:55 AM
Flynow1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 652 Flaperon set-up problem

Iím having a problem balancing the right and left ailerons. Left is in #6 and right is in #2. Wing type is Flaperon, which is on. Both right and left servos move but not the same. Iíve tried the dual rate adjust and the travel adjustment but I canít get them the same, actually I canít find a way to adjust the individual servos. I have no reason to think anything is wrong except me. The receiver is a R600. The servos are not at center of travel either! I remember someone in our club talking about this problem a year or so ago but I can't find him. Any help out there. Thx.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:15 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This question about the flaperons in the JR 6x2 crops up every month. You are just another victim of a silly software architecture and a bad manual.

When you activated the flaperon mix, you told the Tx to send both the aileron and the flap control settings to the aileron servos. Your aileron stick is in the middle, but the flap switch is not, in fact as it is a 2 position switch it can never be in the middle, it must always be at one end of travel. So your servos are not at neutral, they have gone to one end of their normal travel. You have probably re-sited the output arms on the splines to make it look like they are at true neutral. Move the flap switch to its other setting and you will see both servos travel full rotation to the opposite ends of their travel. If you move the aileron stick, one servo moves back towards its true neutral, but the other moves towards its mechanical end stop which it hits at about half aileron stick, and that's why you are getting unequal movement.

What you need to do is put the flap switch in your UP position, then go to the travel screen, select flap and adjust it down from 100% to 0%. The flaperons will now go to the true servo neutral, adjust the output arm on the splines accordingly. Aileron will now work full travel in both directions. Move flap switch to its DOWN position and adjust travel to suit, both flaperons will move. If you want ailerons only, not flaps, set the flap travel to 0% in both directions so that the flap switch becomes disabled.

You would think that the aileron travel adjust would also adjust both flaperons, but it doesn't, because JR are mixing up the concepts of control travel adjust and channel travel adjust within the one travel menu. Only the channel 2 aileron servo gets adjusted. However put your aileron rate switch to your hi rate position and adjust that value, both flaperon servos will move. Use this to adjust both servos but adjust it to get the correct travel at the channel 6 servo, then use the aileron travel adjust to fine tune the channel 2 servo's travel to match.

As above, my method is to turn the flap travel down to 0%. Danny Snyder who looks after the JR forum says to use up a free mixer and mix flap back to flap at minus 100%. Take your pick.

All this just to get 2 aileron servos! Now you understand what I mean by a silly software architecture!

Harry
Old 12-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Flynow1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW / I would have been trying to figure that out until the second coming. Thx
Skip