Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MPX 4000 setup for 3D

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Franny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPX 4000 setup for 3D

I am trying to set up the MPX4000 for a 3D model.

I want to mix ailerons (2 servos) with elevator so that I can switch between 1: No mix. 2: Down ailerons with up elevator. 3: Up ailerons with up elevator.
I would like this to be on one 3 position switch.

I won't list what I have tried so far it will fill the forum.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Franny
Old 12-31-2002, 01:55 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have done this on the 3030 and 4000, it is fairly straightforward once you understand how the Mpx mindset works. On the 4000 you need to assign a software transfer switch to the physical switch so that the 4000 recognises it as a 3 position secondary switch, instead of the default 2 position secondary switch. The 3030 makes use of the SI switch to accomplish this.

Your aileron servos need to be assigned to servomix of course, with 1 aileron and 2 elevator inputs. The ail input is permanently ON. The elevator inputs will be set to cause the opposite direction flap mixing. The switch is set not to the secondary switch S0x, but to the transfer switch T0x. Set the servomixer’s activation so that one ele input is on when the switch is up and the other ele input is on when the switch is down. Neither will be on when the switch is in the middle.

For the icing on the cake, assign ele input to a multimix and create the curve, then assign the aileron servomix ele inputs to the multimixer. That way you only need to adjust the multimix curve to adjust both flaps reactions together, if you don’t use multimix you need to adjust both flaps mix % individually. The real benefit comes when in flight, you can use the digi-adjustor to alter the multimix curve and try out dozens of different settings during the one flight. If you don’t use multimix you can’t adjust both servos at once so you need to land and adjust settings between each test.

Harry
Old 12-31-2002, 02:09 PM
Franny

Thanks

Sounds very similar to what I have tried-but not quite!

The multimix is a new one on me.

Let you know how I get on

Franny
Old 12-31-2002, 05:23 PM
Franny

Sorted!!!!

Main problem was that my base model was not universal. (Copied from another model).

Thanks again.

Franny
Old 12-31-2002, 11:36 PM
radray

Default 3D Modes

I am currently using one 3-position switch for 3 flights modes, one mild, one normal and one high throws with the "flaperons" mixed in. I also have the two elevator servos mixed with aileron which is fun. Mixes I have found useful so far are rudder-elevator, rudder-aileron, throttle-rudder, elevator-spoiler, aileron-elevators, spoiler-elevator. I only use the elevator-spoilers in mode 3.