Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Will this work? Nexstar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:43 AM
treedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this work? Nexstar?

Can i use my 4EX tx on channel 60 [Futaba] instead of the skysport 4YBF That came with the nexstar? The 4ybf came withe the tx on channel 48. It seems to be ok as far as servos working. I needed to change the crystals out in the tx was that ok? will the range be adversly affected seems to be ok? I needed to do this so i could adjust the endpoints ty
john reece
If the 4ex won't work I have a Tracker 111, would that be a better solution?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:46 AM
solo_one
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Will this work? Nexstar?

Do not swap crystals between the 2 radios, the radio needs to be recalibrated for the new channel, simply changing crystals can have some serious consequences.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes it will work but not by switching the Tx crystals. It is aginst FCC regulations to change frequencys in a Tx by just a crystal change without retunning.

However it will work fine by not changeing the Tx crystal of the new Tx but switching the Rx crystal to match the new Tx. It is legal to change Rx crystals, since this is a Futaba Rx and this only applies to futaba where you need to stay within the either the upper half or lower half of the band. Both these tx's are high band, the dividing point is 35. All you need to do is buy an new Rx crystal to match the new Tx's frequency.

Most Futaba Rx,s it is required to obtain the best performance to stay within either the upper half or lower half of the band. Some newer Futaba Rx's are no longer saddled with this requirement but most are.

John
Old 07-14-2006, 06:05 PM
treedog

Ty all very much for the help! Guess i'll go to tower and order a few ceystals