Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba S-48 servo

Old 02-02-2002, 04:01 AM
ka0hyz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S-48 servo

I have heard u can use the S-48 servos with todays radios but u need to change the leads..Anyone have info on these servos??I want to know speed ,torque and anything u might have..
If u would e-mail me I will get the messages faster..thank u
[email protected]
Old 02-02-2002, 05:46 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default s-48

They are the same exact as the S-148, with the exception of the connector(as your aware of). If I recall the 148(48) has 42oz of torque, not sure of speed though. They used to be the standard for Futaba with "G" connectors, then came everything with the "J" connectors, hence the "148". Same goes for the other well known servos of the past...S-28=S-128, S-38=S-138, and so on, something like that anyways. Look up the specs on the S-148 and there you have it.
It is almost cost prohibitive to use the 48's as changing the connectors seem to run about $5 and change per servo.
If your getting a deal on them(like a few dollars per servo)great, also if your using with equipment that you don't need to change connector that's even better. However you can get whole new S-148 for $6 or $7 bucks more per servo if you shop.
Total to change connectors= about $6 per, total new S-148=about $13 per.

Hope this helps.