Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Batteries America - Heads up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries America - Heads up!

I spent $100 and waited two weeks for 2-2400Mah Ni-Cad receiver packs from Batteries America. After cycling them a few times I installed them in my H9 Edge. I put them on the charger ( a Accucycle not a wall charger ) and one of them wouldn't ever finish charging and go to trickle. I pulled the packout and it was a mess. White, chalkey stuff all over and the yellow covering was melted away. The leads going to the switch are fine and show no evidence of a short or overheating.

I called Batteries America and told the lady that answered the phone my problem and it turns out they have a "policy". Don't you love it when you hear that. Well, their unstated and unprinted "policy" is that if you don't pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars for them to install the connectors you have zero warranty. She said I could pay to ship it back but it wouldn't do any good. I would be real nice if they let you know that up front because it would make the extra charge for the connector more of a value if I knew it also included a warranty on the batteries.

I guess they have this "policy" to protect themselves from some yahoo soldering on connectors backwards or something. Give me a break. I did component level electronics repair for 25 years. I CAN solder on a two wire connector and match black to black and red to red. Yeesh! She took my order for another pack (I should have went elsewhere) and told me it would " go into production" in 4 days then ship. I guess I love to be abused.

Anyway, HEADS UP. if you order batteries from them, pay the extra charge for them to crimp on a connector.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:45 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Batteries America - Heads up!

That's pretty lame. I bought two batteries from them at Toledo last year, and was considering repeat business. Not now.

Steve Anthony at NOBs batteries gets most of my business; guess he'll get it all now.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

Steve Anthony at NOBs batteries gets most of my business; guess he'll get it all now.
I agree Ive bought stuff from NOBS and Radical RC..no reasaon to go anywhere else
Old 07-30-2006, 12:10 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No more batteries for me from batteries america, there is just no excuse not to stand
behind what you sell. they should put connecters on all there batteries if they are
worried they may be installed wrong.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:04 AM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

if it is an accucycle elite it will not charge a batterry that is connected backwards
Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
tkilwein

I buy Thunder power and Multiplex only. I have had problems and let me tell you no questions asked if in warranty and if
I screwed it myself, Thunder power replaced for it half price and you get it fixed or a brand new one. Multiplex has a good
program for fixing also. I have screwed more than a few packs and I send in and say I did it and pay half and get a new one.
When the battery is past warrant in my case 2 years out they still fixed it for the half price.

I have seen too many companies say you bought it, IT'S YOURS NOW! DONT BOTHER US.

I have personal experiences with above two vendors and with exellent service.

My experiences only
Tony
Old 08-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Update. They called today. The new pack that was supposed to be going in to "production" last Friday is being done today ( Wednesday). I guess I can quit watching for the UPS man today.