Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6 problems

Old 08-22-2006, 10:18 AM
chaz345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6 problems

There seems to be a communication difficulty between my TX and RX. Went out flying and when I was done everything was still functioning normally. When I got home I was going to make a few adjustments,turned on the TX, powered the RX and the servos centered but no led on the RX. I tried the binding procedure but the LED never stopped flashing so it seems that either the TX is not "talking" or the RX is not "listening". Are there any "reset" procedures to try or is it time to send it in for service? It was purchased less than a year ago but I do not have the receipt. Does anyone have any experiencein trying to get warranty work wothout one? Is it possible for a LHS to create a duplicate receipt or, as a Spektrum dealer, write them a letter saying that it is less than a year old?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Spektrum DX6 problems

Are all of the batteries charged? A low flight battery will cause such a problem.

Jesse
Old 08-26-2006, 07:29 PM
H_L

Sometimes the serial number may give you a chance. It depends on the store some shops keep records of their sales and some don’t. If I can’t quickly fix it I start an elimination process which I start with the bare minimum “no servos†than start adding them or swap channels some times that works other than that have you changed any settings on the tx lately? Also check the voltage of the tx pack *under load* it may be 6v now but when under load it may collapse.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
chaz345

Well I brought it to the LHS where I bought it and he was able to get it to intermittantly work. He tired a different receiver and it was solid so it seems that I have a flaky receiver. He was able to provide me with a dupliate receipt so warranty should be no problem from here. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:25 PM
adams-RCU

Chaz, Sorry your having problems. I've seen 3 recievers that had the issue your describing. Try binding the system again away from any metal object. If you still have trouble getting the system to connect contact our Horizon Service Center at 877-504-0233 and tell them John Adams athorized an exchange of your reciever. Let me know if you have any further problems!
John Adams
Technical Director
Horizon Hobby
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
orbit 1

I have had similar problems with my Spektrum system--The first time airborn about 200 ft. out lost complete control--nothing. When I got to the plane it wasn't damaged too badly--I turned everything off then powered up again and everything worked fine. Then, with a different plane, different receiver everything shut down about 40 feet out.
At this point, I sent the entire system back to Horizon to be checked out. After about 3 weeks, I was notified that I had two (2) bad receivers. Neither had been damaged, they were just defective! They said the factory probably had a bad run that day and sent me two new receivers.
At this time I have taked the Spektrum stuff out of all my planes except the very small, very close flying ones.
I have wondered if when the plane at 200 ft shut down I would have turned the transmitter off and back on ---would that have re-established control? Will never know.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:13 PM
chaz345

ORIGINAL: adams-RCU

Chaz, Sorry your having problems. I've seen 3 recievers that had the issue your describing. Try binding the system again away from any metal object. If you still have trouble getting the system to connect contact our Horizon Service Center at 877-504-0233 and tell them John Adams athorized an exchange of your reciever. Let me know if you have any further problems!
John Adams
Technical Director
Horizon Hobby
Thanks. I called today before seeing your message and they said to send it in. I and the guy at the LHS tired binding it several times in several locations within his shop. With the bind plug in it bound ok then when powered off and back on, it would only occasionally function. I beleive transmitter issues to be ruled out since my TX worked fine with a customer's RX that he had in the shop that was in a plane that he was working on. I will print out your post and send it in with my RX though.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
fvracerone1

I had my first problem with my DX6. I took it to the pond and turned the system on and it would not bind. The little green light on the back of the tx does not light up but the Voltage readout shows 10.6. I accidentally left the transmitter on yesterday and killed the battery. I put a fully charged battery in and now it does not bind. This was to be my first outing since changing the Voltage regulator to a "switching" type. What is causing it not to bind???? or the little green light not to light up? If it was the fuse, would I still get a display on the LED screen" Help!

[email protected]
Old 06-04-2014, 04:58 PM
chopperwing
My Feedback: (1)

Please help,,,I just buy a Spektrum DX6,,,I open it ,,,put the SD card in it and on the screen I read: raw input test,,,and I'm not able nothing,,,I push every switchs and push down the roller and turn it,,,nothing,,,what to do ,,,,
Old 06-04-2014, 06:09 PM
c131frdave

I had the same issue with my DX6i six years ago. I sold it and bought a JR11X. The JR radio was better at binding, but still had lots of drop out issues. Sold the JR11X. Ironically, my new radio, a Taranis, has an Orange DSMX transmitter as a secondary transmitter in it because of all my plug and play Parkzone stuff, and the Orange TX has had zero issues at all. Maybe it's just been luck, I don't know.

DSM is famous for issues if the antennas aren't right. Make sure each one is oriented 90 degrees from each other, straight, and not near any carbon fiber.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by chopperwing
Please help,,,I just buy a Spektrum DX6,,,I open it ,,,put the SD card in it and on the screen I read: raw input test,,,and I'm not able nothing,,,I push every switchs and push down the roller and turn it,,,nothing,,,what to do ,,,,
I am guessing you have the very new DX6 as opposed to the one this thread was originally about? Perhaps worth posting again in the Direct Manufacturers support section.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:56 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by c131frdave

DSM is famous for issues if the antennas aren't right. Make sure each one is oriented 90 degrees from each other, straight, and not near any carbon fiber.
True and this is good practice for any brand radio. Futaba for example suggests antennas be oriented 90 degrees also.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:01 PM
M8feedkill83

Originally Posted by adams-RCU
John Adams
Technical Director
Horizon Hobby
I'm having the same issue
I bought mine in 2015 tho I'm out of warranty

Last edited by M8feedkill83; 01-12-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 01-13-2018, 02:50 AM
davidmc36

Originally Posted by M8feedkill83
I'm having the same issue
I bought mine in 2015 tho I'm out of warranty
99.999% of the time all you will pay is one way shipping, even out of warranty. They do it all the time.