Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XR3i TX and RX different brands?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Dekman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XR3i TX and RX different brands?

I have a JR XR3i radio but only 1 reciever, i use that reciever for my Savage truck. Do i have to buy another JR reciever that matches the one i currently have to go into my boats or is just a matter of matching frequencies as I want to only have 1 controller around and not 1 for each model. Any ideas on another reciever that will work and wont break the bank as the reciever for the radio I have is expensive compared to most that I see around. Thanks

Old 08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Dekman

Default RE: JR XR3i TX and RX different brands?

Anyone? Please
Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a car/truck guy, but Hitec makes some cost effective airplane receivers compatible with JR equipment, so I'll bet they have surface stuff that would work for you, too.

Just make sure that the "shift" (which way the frequency is pulled by the modulation) is the same. JR airborne stuff uses a positive shift, while Futaba is negative. Hitec makes receivers that work with one or the other, and they also make some that are automatic shift select, so they'll work with just about anyone's FM transmitter. A quick look at the Hitec website confirmed that they do indeed make some FM receivers that would work with your JR equipment.. www.hitecrcd.com

and no, I don't work for hitec - I just use their stuff in some of my planes with good success.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Dekman

Awesome, thanks for the help. Ill be looking into the Hitec stuff asap.

Thanks again