Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAF TX battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:33 AM
n7tb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAF TX battery

One of the Batteries that comes with the Futaba 9CAF is the 9.6V 700mah battery. If I want to increase the transmitter time, what battery can I use with a greater mah rating that will not void the warranty?

Thanks,

Terry
Old 01-07-2003, 03:35 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know about the warranty... but I use 1600mah nimh batteries from Radio Shaft. They are the car racing packs and are $25.00. Good price. You will have to reconfigure the pack to fit your radio (the cell are the same size as the nicad). I have these in my 7UAF radios and I make 2 4.8v packs for my rx's. I paralleled one into a 4.8v 3200mah pack for my Sig 231EX. I fly all weekend on one charge! I don't have the RS part# number at the moment, but if you want I can get it for you. You van also check the RS web site.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:47 PM
moses

I have a 9CAP. I use an 1100mah "square design" pack from:

http://www.batteriesamerica.com/
(1-800-308-4805)

The pack costs $22.95 (plus $3.00 for the Futaba connector + about $6.00 shipping). The pack is the same dimensions as the standard battery - no reconfiguration is needed. The pack uses Sanyo KR-1100 AAU Cadnica Extra cells (high capacity AA), very nice cells. I can fly the entire day without a re-charge. Call em up and tell them you want the 9.6v 1100mah NiCd square design transmitter battery pack with a futaba connector - they will fix you up.

For matters of completeness, other battery vendors also sell square design packs using Sanyo KR-1100 AAU cells (the cells of choice in this application IHMO).

For example:

http://www.cermark.com/

(I think its the 8N-1100AAU-1 - $27.00)

If you want the most expensive and perhaps the best try:

http://www.srbatteries.com

(about $75.00)

In order to get more than 1100mah in the same size pack, I'm pretty sure that you would need to use NiMh cells or Lithium Ion or something other than NiCd.

Moses

edit: I could only get about 6 or 7 fifteen minute flights from the stock battery (I definitely had to field charge the 700mah pack a few times). With the 1100mah, I have flown 8 fifteen minute flights and I still had juice to spare (never needed to field charge the 1100mah pack).
Old 01-07-2003, 04:50 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I doubt changing the battery mah rating would have any affect on the warranty. Just don't change the Voltage!

If you want more flying time, just go to a higher MAH rated battery. How much more flying do you need? I don't know how many flights I get, but it's a lot. How many are you getting now?

Mike
Old 01-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Mighty Mik

It's not a matter of how many flights...if you run glow you have x time in the air till you run out of juice, but if you're slope soaring, you could be up all day if you want.