Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba and what servos will work with it

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:14 PM
WA8INZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba and what servos will work with it

I'm thinking of buying a Futaba 9C what servos besides Futaba will work directly with this system. Futaba doesn't have the servos I need for my Extra 33% 330L so need to use others.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every single one of the many servos in Hitec's product line will work w/ Futaba radios.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

I'll bet Futaba does have servos that would work great in a 33% plane, but any other brand will work with your system. Going the other way doesn't always work because of the Futaba J connector. Why don't you like Futaba servos?

Rein
Old 01-08-2003, 07:46 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Originally posted by Rein
Going the other way doesn't always work because of the Futaba J connector.
Sure it does. You just trim the tab off of the connector.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Futaba and what servos will work with it

Originally posted by WA8INZ
I'm thinking of buying a Futaba 9C what servos besides Futaba will work directly with this system. Futaba doesn't have the servos I need for my Extra 33% 330L so need to use others.
Thank you in advance for any help.
I use Jr, Airtronics, HiTec, and Multiplex servos with Futaba transmitters and receivers;

HiTec
JR
Airtronics
Multiplex

The airtronics needs to have the pins re-wired, or use the newer style connector. I forget the name they called it, as I usually end up cutting off the connector so that I can adjust the length. I either solder in a longer lead, or add a new JR style connector. But, all these brands work fine. Just make sure the wiring configuration is correct, and the connectors fit.

I've been accused of being unbiased and completely unfaithful to any brand because one of my planes had a Futaba receiver, and JR, Airtronics, and HiTec servos all installed in it.

I should have put all those decals on it to make people really wonder about me, if they aren't already
Old 01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
WA8INZ

It's not that I don't like Futaba servos they just don't have the servos I need that are as follows.
70oz minumum
100oz minumum
150oz minumum
Old 01-08-2003, 09:17 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I've also used Airtronics (rewired the pins) and Hitec Digitals (5645, and 5925) with my Futaba (9C) equipment. All work with no problems.

Mike
Old 01-08-2003, 09:41 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Hmmm....Go look at www.futabarc.com and click on the servos link. They have servos in the range you are looking for, digital or analog. Not exactly, but close enough. I'm not a Futaba pimp, but they do make quality equipment.

Rein
Old 01-08-2003, 10:36 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

I like Futaba as well, but as WA8 points out they just don't have equivalents for JR's 8411 digital, or for analog the Airtronics 94358's. Both of these servos are better than Futaba's closest alternatives. If Futaba has a servo in the same torque range, speed, and size, then its just as good as either the JR or Airtronics in my opinion. Unfortunately, they just don't exist above 130oz range.

I think that is why you see so many JR 8411's in the giant scale planes, regardless of the brand of transmitter or receiver in use.