Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX2 problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
CDRacingZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX2 problems?

Just wondering if this is a common problem? Today I felt like I lost control of my car and it smacked into a curb and broke quite a few things. I felt the same control loss once before a few nights ago. This is only my 5th or so time running the DX2. My fail safes are all set properly, so if it lost a signal I would assume my fail safe would engadge. It does at least when I turn the reciever off on tests. This problem seemed to be more of a transmitter problem than that of a problem related to the reiciever.

It felt like my transmitter simply wasn't sending the signal to break and turn to my car, because from the sounds of the car (Consistant throttle sound), it didnt even sound like I hit the break when I was cramming it down desperately trying to get it to stop. It had only done this once before and I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or if it actually got stuck at one point.

I remember reading some complaints about this issue somewhere, although I can't find it now and was wondering for people who know about the 2.4 tech, if this is a common problem with the spektrum. Should I try and get an exchange, or refund for an FM unit. I can't afford a Nomad setup (Unless they have a gutted one without bare bones, which I dont know of).

Any advice or opinions would be great.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Spektrum DX2 problems?

I got rid of mine asap. They are poor radios out of the box IMO. Well worth getting rid of. I had the same problem with mine. My buddy just lost his boat due to the same POS radio. Sell it while it's still worth something. Like I said I experienced the same thing. Whats up with the lag on those radios? It seems to take all of a second or two to respond to what you tell it to.[:@]
Old 09-05-2006, 02:47 AM
CDRacingZX6R

I was afraid to hear that. No chance it was probably just the use of AA batteries in the car itself? A forum member said that might be the problem.

I was so hyped about this radio to.. Being that it was supposedly glitch free and faster at responding than FM (supposedly).

Anyone else experiance problems with this radio?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
paulino966

hi.my buddy is having problems with is dx3 ,go figure they are supose to be good.???.i would get rid of it too.go with a airtronics mx 11 or a nomadio but they are a little more $$$