Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anyone ever have a servo reverse itself?

Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever have a servo reverse itself?

I have a futaba 148 servo and it made me crash my plane by reversing one time on the ailerons. I didnt know it until the other day when I had the plane ready to fly once again after the rebuild and I flew it once and then I went to fly it once again the next day and the servo didnt work at all. So I thought I might have had it put in backwards or something and checked and didnt. I think it might be going bad. I checked the reciever with another servo and the reciever was ok, it should be it hasnt been used since a recheck at the factory. So has anyone ever had a servo reverse and then just quit?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Anyone ever have a servo reverse itself?

It is not possible for a servo to reverse itself. Your problem most probably took place at the transmitter end. If you have reversing switches on the transmitter a switch could have been thrown. If you changed brands of servos in the repair or rebuild (some brands of servos move in opposite directions (i.e. Hitec and Futaba) and you did not change the switch in the transmitter, the servos would move in the opposite directions. I am quite positive you will find that the problem was human error, not equipment.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:07 PM
crashland 73

Nothing was changed. except battery. I know Hitec, Futaba and JR all have the same hookups. At least they do on the ones I own. Futaba has a little dogleg that needs filed off to work but that is it. No reversers. Just one servo on the wing to do both sides. Set in the center of the wing. This is why it is a mystery. Also it is a different reciever than what was used in the first incident. That is why I thought that the servo might have went reverse. I dont have any switches on the outside to make it reverse either.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

What Rodney was saying was that if you had a Hitec servo in there at one time, then swapped it out for a Futaba, that if you didn't go into the transmitter and reverse that channel, then the Futaba servo would be backwards from the Hitec..........I've been flying since 93, and I've never seen a servo reverse on it's on. It's always in the transmitter...........
Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
crashland 73

ohh gotcha. no it was the same servo, futaba. nothing was changed in that area.