Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Swaping an 8UAP for an 8UAPS is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Swaping an 8UAP for an 8UAPS is it worth it?

I have a Futaba 8UAP that I bought used for my son about 16 mo ago. Well like alot of 16 yr olds he is into other stuff and hasn't flown since June. I'm flying with a 6XAS that I purchased new. I'm flying more planes and may be outgrowing the 6XAS. I'd like to have two Tx so I could fly if I'm "sharing the pin" with another fellow since I usually bring two planes out (always have a spare).
My question is this, a friend at our club got a 9C for Xmas and is selling his 8UAPS with the added memory. It looks like a clean well cared for Tx. do I really gain anything in upgrading to the newer "S" version or just fly my son's older Tx. Pete
Old 01-10-2003, 05:57 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what you gain. This is from the Futaba 8U FAQ page.

Digital trim buttons now have a beeper when moved past center.
Trainer function now has function/normal modes.
Stop watch now has a power-switch ON mode.
**FS data direction changes automatically when throttle channel direction is reversed.
D/R and Expo are now set individually for left/right and up/down.
5 normal mixes and two 5-point mixes
Snap roll function has safety mode
*2nd aileron servo programmable so you can use a 5ch radio & twin servos

Whether or not you may find these additional features useful is up to you. The 5-point mixes can come in very handy, and I like being able to adjust my expo and dual rates in each direction to fine-tune my airplane's flying qualities. Both are nice setups though, so if you don't find these upgrades useful then you're probably better off saving your money.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ryan,
Thanks for the info. It looks like some improvements I'll have to see if it's worth the change. Pete