Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle trim $ Futaba 7C

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle trim $ Futaba 7C

Hi all, Maybe a stupid question, but I wonder how everyone else sets up throttle. I think my main concern is having the throttle servo stalled at full throttle. This is how I set it up.
1- Set the mechanical linkages set so my servo throw is ~ 100% both ways.
2- Use endpoint to set full throttle with carb fully open
3- Use endpoint to set idle speed. This is the question, does anyone use throttle trim to set idle speed? Does the trim affect full throttle end point adjustment. I know trimming throttle in flight is impossible this way, but I never do that anyway.
4- A fellow flier recommended adding - expo to throttle to achieve half throttle with stick at halfway point. That works well.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks, MikeB

oops, Forgot to add setting up throttle kill switch to kill engine.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:08 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Throttle trim $ Futaba 7C

With digital trims I set mine up for as close to 100/100 each way as I can get with equal throw in both directions, carb fully open and fully shut with the trim full back.

Then I advance the trim till it idles reliably and set throttle cut to close the carb all the way and shut off the engine. I usually end up somewhere around mid to upper mid trim to get a good idle.

Expo on throttle? Are you planning on using a helicopter program?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 AM
WMB

What do you mean by mid to upper mid trim? My trim tabs are digital, I think I'm missing something here. I'm not using a heli program. I like the more linear throttle with the expo added. Otherwise I get a lot of rpm change in the first half of stick travel and very little in the last half of stick travel.
Thanks, MikeB
Old 09-17-2006, 02:52 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

There is a bar on the display that indicates where your throttle trim is at. So with most of my models they start and idle at mid trim.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:22 PM
WMB

Thanks Barracuda! I learned something new today. The trims are all around midpoint, but it gives me something else to play with.
Take care, MikeB