Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8U Stick Tension

Old 01-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Brian B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8U Stick Tension

I am really unhappy with the limp sticks on my 8Us. When I sent one of them back to Hobby Services for a checkup, I had them put in the "heavy duty" springs, but I dont feel much difference. Has anybody succeeded in getting a really stiff feel for this tx? I would like it to feel like my old 6NFK Futabas.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:16 PM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .

seems like i read in manual that they are adjustable....any1 know for sure? am at work now....
Old 01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Legend4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8U Stick Tension

Yes they are adjustable in the back of the transmitter. There is three screws you can use to increase or decrease the tension with. I still could not get the tension tight enough so I bought some stiffer springs from Radio South. They sell for $1.75 each. These springs are stronger then the stronger ones from futaba. They are a little fiddley to install. Radio South will also install them for you.
www.radiosouthrc.com
I have been very happy with mine.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:25 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stiffer Springs

Ditto on the Stiffer springs from Radio South. I put a set in my Futaba and they are super. But I think they cost more than $1.75 anyway they are worth it. Pete