Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C programming question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C programming question

Is there a way to turn Aileron Differential on/off with a switch?
What I'm trying to do involves aileron differential only when the speed brake is active. The flaps go down, both ailerons (on seperate servos) go up; and I'd like the ailerons to only deflect downward in this mode. I.e., push right stick to the right, and the left aileron moves downward while the right aileron remains stationary. I've been able to get one side to work with a AILE->AUX2 mix (Aux2 is one of the ailerons), but the converse AUX2->AILE mix won't work at all.
I experimented with aileron differential, and setting one direction of each aileron to 0% is exactly the effect I'm after, but only active when the airbrake is.
Any help or ideas?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C programming question

The aileron differential function in the Futaba 9C transmitter is either on or off. You cannot toggle it with a switch.

As far as using the Pmixes is concerned, if you are not using two immediately-adjacent mixes, try that, first. Make sure Link is ON, if it's an available option in the mix. Sometimes, it's not.

What you are trying to do may not be possible when the airbrake function is activated. A lot of times, you cannot link from a regular pmix into one of the preset mixing functions.

We can only suggest 'messing' with the mixes and see if you can get one to work. We've also been trying, but haven't found a solution to what you are trying to do. While this can be done in one of the 'higher level' transmitters, the 9C does have its limitations.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C programming question

I wasn't really trying to link the airbrake to the pmix'd aileron differential, just activating them with the same switch. I've tried all sorts of adjacent mixes, with and without linking them. Would it make much of a difference moving the second aileron servo to another channel (5 thru 8)? It's currently on channel 6.