Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Fs8

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Crusty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fs8

Thinking of getting one for a taxi 2400 camera/tug/hack-plane, with a petrol engine, are there any issues running this on ignition engines (I believe it only works with its own dedicated rx ?)

thx Crusty
Old 09-30-2006, 11:53 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fs8

been using nothing but the FS8 recievers since they first came out with no issues at all, this includes use on planes with electronic ignition.

and don't know what you mean by "its own dedicated reciever". the FS8 is an 8 channel reciever with ports to plug co-pilot sensors into with no other parts needed.

dave
Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Crusty

Thx Zaag, didnt realise
What I should have typed was .."does the the co pilot only work with the fs8 rx?".I think

Also does the co- pilot kick in if you lose radio signal?

thx Crusty
Old 09-30-2006, 02:31 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crusty

Thx Zaag, didnt realise
What I should have typed was .."does the the co pilot only work with the fs8 rx?".I think

Also does the co- pilot kick in if you lose radio signal?

thx Crusty
with the FS8 you only need the sensors and not the co-pilot module as all the needed electronics are built in. the older co-pilot module is made for use with standard recievers but has a lot less functions.

yes the copilot will take over if you lose the signal and at least with the FS8 (don't know about the older co-pilot) you can set all channels to whatever fail safe positions you desire.

dave

Old 09-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Crusty

Aaah, now I understand, thx Zag
Old 10-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Eindecker_pilot

I use FS8 on a 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup. On this plane, I've got a gasser, a converted Homelite 25cc engine. Never had any glitches or interference problems after 3 seasons of usage. The on-board voltmeter is very handy, as is the frequency clear scanning feature. Not to mention, it is a fail-safe reciever (even without the co-pilot, it has PCM like fail-safe programming). I've not used the co-pilot, but I'd bet that works well if you need it.

On my other birds I've got FS5's. Basically 5 channel versions of the FS8. I think they recently stopped selling the FS5, but they've given me no problems.

Both of these recievers have Digital Signature Recognition, which provides a measure of protection against same-channel interference.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 AM
X21F3J

I just got my FS8 co pilot system. Has anyone tried it with a 120 deg swash configuration? Where the hell do I plug in the ESC? I need ch. 2,3 & 6 for the servos and I tried to plug it into the other positions but my motor goes on it's own and I have no control over it. I thought the ch. with the "T" on it would be the one but it doesn't work. I have an Align 450 SA. Can anyone help me?[&o]
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
dj_jess

standard heli setup

esc goes in ch3
ch 1 elev servo
ch 2 aler servo
ch 4 gyro or tail servo
ch 5 gyro sense
ch 6 pitch