Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 AM
danny03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe?

I was over at a friends house helping him set up his control linkages and to program his radio. After I finished setting the throws, I started to program the Expo's , D/R's, and finally the Fail Safes. Everything was going fine until I tested the failsafes. I had initially set up throttle to 20%(Factory setting), Rudder to a hard left (testing purpose only) all other flight controls were at last command. Turned Radio off and nothing happened. Reread manual, confirmed that I was doing things correctly. Changed Ailerons from Last command to Full Left Roll, Turned off Radio and the Airplane responded with Full Left Rudder, Left Aileron only full upRight aileron stayed neutral. Reset ailerons to last command turned radio off again this time nothing moved, just as in the beginning. Needless to say I am confused and I am not sure where to begin to Troubleshoot.
Here is a list of components that I can remember.

Futaba 6-EXAS Radio
Futaba R138DP 8-Channel PCM ? ( I do remember that it is PCM 1024)
2 ea JR Matchboxes ( 1- Dual Rudder Servos, 1- Dual Elevator Servos
Dual Battery/switch system consisting of 4800 MaH Fromeco Lithium Batteries and regulators
Third battery for ignition system on a DA100
Servos are a mixture between Jr8411's and I belive Futaba's

We have not done any Range testing yet.
any and all ideals or speculations will be appreciated.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Failsafe?

My comments may not be helpful since I don’t have matchboxes. First I didn’t think throttle failsafe ever came preset.

For testing purposes I would disconnect everything except throttle especially the matchboxes and work only with the throttle.

Good luck. Sorry I don’t have more ideas.

Bill
Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 AM
gnichola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Failsafe?

One thing to be aware of is when it sends the failsafe to the rx. The rx does NOT store the information after power down and the tx only sends it periodically. The transmitter sends the failsafe settings about once a minute. When I had a 9Z, the power light would flash once per minute, I believe that was when it sent the FS, but I am not 100% sure.

Set your settings, leave the radio on for at least one minute and power it off.

Later, Guy