Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C CAP

Old 10-08-2006, 08:15 AM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C CAP

I bought this system for it's advertised ease of use so I guess it's my lack of comprehension that has me stymied on programming the thing.

I simply cannot get the flaperons to function in the manner I want. I can get one flap to work, one aileron the deflect, both flaps to deploy as speed brakes and ailerons to act normally....

What I cannot do is to get the ailerons to act as both flaps and as ailerons and to trim each individual aileron servo to neutral.

2nd servo is on Ch 6 as directed. When I deploy flaps, the right aileron is not trimmed to the same angle of deflection as the left. In flight this obviously results in skewered flight characteristics. Try as I might, I cannot get this combination figured out. I've read, reread and recharged the transmitter half a dozen cycles attempting to get this function, or rather combination of functions, figured out.

Can someone please walk me through the programming process from transmitter power-on to flight-time?

Surely I'm not the only one with this challenge, am I?

Help!

PM

Old 10-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Turk1

Default RE: Futaba 7C CAP

I cannot help on specific subject you mention because everytime I need,I have to study a lot and after done forget all.But I want to mention that some of those 7CAP radios have a bug that sometimes that flaperon function behaves very strange and one side doesnt work properly and needs readjust.Especially one of that bugs is the flap adjustment of both servos shifts airbrake itself.(getting raise instead of getting down)I noticed that this bug comes when you change your model choose and once I have read somewhere that occurrs after timer settings to zero.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:32 PM
redfox435cat

are you using the flapperon function or are you free mixing it? If you free mix it it won't work since futaba :uhhuh: kindly left out the ability to trim the mixed channel. As far as the flaperon function it's been hit or miss for everything to match up. I usually have to find a couple servos that match each other perfectly.

other wise. make sure the mix is active and flap trim is active. the percentages are 100% or what ever you want. I usually just reset the mix if it's acting too goofy. Unfortunately you have to reset the entire model

otherwise the specifics are on page 43 and 44
[link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/7c-manual.pdf]manual[/link]
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Other than the mix problems....how do you guys like your 7 channel Futaba? Thanks Capt,n
Old 10-09-2006, 06:36 AM
PointMagu

The 7CAP is a more expensive version of a 4 Ch. They both make the plane go 'round. Frankly, I prefer the feel of the old vinyl covered aluminum transmitters. These plastic molded cases all feel cheap to me. The flashy chrome plating peels and the silver layered lettering fades but hey!...it's progress, right?

Stick tension is good and naturally, is adjustable. The flight pak is samo-samo, (I bought the std. 3004 servo version). No surprises there.

The plane saver feature is nice but you better remember to switch plane # mode prior to flying. More than once I've attempted to fly a model other than that which appeared on the LCD screen. As we get older, remembering all the bells and whistles becomes less and less a priority, and enjoying the flying becomes more desireable.

I invested in this system specifically to get the very feature I cannot achieve with this transmitter. In this respect, I've wasted money.

Other than that, I have a nice flashy transmitter that performs just as well as my SkySport 4 channel.

PM
Old 10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
redfox435cat

I like the concept of 7 channels because the fewer channels the faster your servos are updated. the problem is there are a few quirks about this radio that piss the hell out of me. The number one being the inability to trim the slave channel. ie there is no premix for dual elevator so you'd have to use a free mix and you can't trim the other servo with the trim tab. This is a feature on the 9 channel. So if I'd of known that in the first place I'd of bought the 9 channel in the first place. for 40-60 sized stuff were multi servo are not needed on main flight functions it's a great radio and more than likley all you'll ever need. but if you need complicated mixes like my single float viper were I've got a 3 way mix each servo doing it's own thing, it has a v-tail mix then an independant water rudder, it would be impossible on the 7 channel becuase the programming isn't available
Old 10-09-2006, 01:30 PM
bigdarylg

i agree the inability to trim the slave channel is a the worst thing about this radio. i have been getting around that issue with a reversing y, at least you get the trim on both servos,not just the master. you still have to set each surface mechanically as close as possible tho.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
captinjohn

Does the reversing Y have a trim pot or will the TX now work for both servo trims? Not quite clear to me....but I am getting OLD!!!!!!!! Capt,n
Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 PM
PointMagu

Mine has the pot...some do not. Claims are that reversing Y's with a pot are inferior and prone to drifting. The versions without have circuitry that compenstaes automatically but also cost alot more.

Personally, I prefer the trim pot. At least in THIS manner, I have some control...unlike my transmitter.

JR's lookin' better all the time, LOL...

PM
Old 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
captinjohn

PointMagu: What is the one you have with the trim pot called and where do you get them? Thanks Capt,n
Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 AM
PointMagu

Captn,

I searched eBAY until I found one I could afford. Here's one currently running:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-SR-10-Dua...QQcmdZViewItem

It's fancier than mine but then, I only paid $17.00 for mine :-)

PM
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

your post has been stolen by the usual suspects.zero out the right aileron by going to ch 1....zero out the left zero by going to channel 6
Old 10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
captinjohn

How about the Futaba Super Six.....is it better than the Futaba 7 channel for mix-ing? thanks Capt,n
Old 10-25-2006, 08:59 AM
captinjohn

I guess that was a bad question? Oh well. Capt,n
Old 11-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Eduardo Lander Jr.

Hi guys....eney budy know how can i reset al my 7CAP system, i mean i want to leave my system like the first day when i recive from futaba...

thank you
Eduardo
Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

You have to do each model memory separately by going to the parameters menu and resetting the model, then goto model 2 etc.