Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any Pro bono Futaba repair experts out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
n3kvl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Pro bono Futaba repair experts out there?

Hi folks,

I have an older Futaba FP-T6NFK transmitter that I think was dropped and now is frassled. the channel I use for elevator thows fully and won't disengage.

I'm wondering if there is someone out there who can give me some tips on what to look for insode or can suggest a cost effective repair idea?

I hate to throw it away.

I recently traded for a R114F receiver that I can't use and could trade it for a repair job. I'm desperate since my RC hobby budget is nothing more than a frayed shoestring........
Old 10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Any Pro bono Futaba repair experts out there?

Do you think maybe the transmitter landed on the stick for the elevator? Maybe just the pot for that control got messed-up. Tell us what does work on the system. Need more data from you. Good Luck capt,n
Old 10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
n3kvl

Everything else seems to be fine. It could have fallen on the elevator pot, I'll open it up and look inside.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
n3kvl

That's a good suggestion. As I look inside the pot seems to be stationary even as I actuate the lever. The pot body is fixed in a clamp and the shaft is clamped so it rotates with lever movement.

There is practically no movement with the lever almost like the clamp slipped.

My problem now is how do I align the shaft with the lever, if that is the problem?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a photo of it (pot) and post it here. we can work you through to a fix....maybe. Capt,n