Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anounced JR 12X

Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anounced JR 12X

Aah, but are the lights going out all over Europe ??
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
onewasp

Most haven't even met her.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: Mac_Man_UK

Aah, but are the lights going out all over Europe ??
Not quite yet ---- but I am sorry to relate that we have some people who seem to be "working at it"-----It is not their aptitude that is as impressive as their "ineptness" !!

I'll leave you to guess their names.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

I don't have a clue what the last 5 posts pertain to, but I assume that some were making fun of me because I don't like 2.4Ghz.

I have a real problem trying to understand why you guys like it.

We have information that comes right from the manufacturers of 2.4Ghz systems that tells us that it has problems going through solid objects like carbon fiber, metal, people, trees, etc. The manufacturers also tell us that 2.4Ghz is "line of sight", which means that it won't go around objects like 72Mhz does. No wonder so many people flying on 2.4Ghz are loosing their planes.

I don't understand why any of you would risk your planes with 2.4Ghz when this is what the manufacturers are telling you.

It seems like you are just ignoring this info, or thinking it is O.K. because now you don't have to worry about frequencies.

I'll take frequencies over that any day!

Then you have the problem of 2.4Ghz rx's locking out if the voltage goes below a certain level................ I've never heard of 72Mhz rx's doing that.

You think this is better than 72Mhz?????????

You are free to fly what you want though, as am I.

Take care, Jim
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
tadawson

I have to agree . . . . a good synth tx/rx on 72, 50, or 35, and just a small bit of functioning brain tissue will give you the same lack of waiting for a frequency as 2.4, and as Hammbone said, without all the quirks of 2.4GHz signal propagation. Being shot down by someone else, once again, that is an issue best resolved by the use of the brain than anything else, and how often does that really happen, anyhow? I can't say that I have ever seen a shoot down in 7 or so years of flying . . . . (or taken a glitch on either 50MHz or 72MHz, either . . . I think a lot of folks blame the gear for crappy setups and lack of maintenance . . . just wait until the 2.4GHz gear gets a little "long in the tooth" and let's see how it does on that . . . )

- Tim

ORIGINAL: Hammbone

I don't have a clue what the last 5 posts pertain to, but I assume that some were making fun of me because I don't like 2.4Ghz.

I have a real problem trying to understand why you guys like it.

We have information that comes right from the manufacturers of 2.4Ghz systems that tells us that it has problems going through solid objects like carbon fiber, metal, people, trees, etc. The manufacturers also tell us that 2.4Ghz is "line of sight", which means that it won't go around objects like 72Mhz does. No wonder so many people flying on 2.4Ghz are loosing their planes.

I don't understand why any of you would risk your planes with 2.4Ghz when this is what the manufacturers are telling you.

It seems like you are just ignoring this info, or thinking it is O.K. because now you don't have to worry about frequencies.

I'll take frequencies over that any day!

Then you have the problem of 2.4Ghz rx's locking out if the voltage goes below a certain level................ I've never heard of 72Mhz rx's doing that.

You think this is better than 72Mhz?????????

You are free to fly what you want though, as am I.

Take care, Jim
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Tim,

While I mostly agree with you, our local field did have a "brain" who was using a synth to intentionally shoot down planes. This is one area where something new would help. Although 2.4 is too new for me right now.

Mark
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
tadawson

If someone was that determined to shoot down 2.4, it would not be that hard . . . you just couldn't use another radio to do it . . . . . technology is almost NEVER the right solution for this kind of problems . . . . in your case, perhaps, another guy on the ground with a Louisville Slugger to give "educational taps" would have been a better idea . . . far cheaper too . . . . and proven!

- Tim
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Tim,

The guy hasn't been around in a while. Since this happened in NY, NY I can only guess why.... ha ha.

Mark
Old 08-08-2007, 03:56 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: Hammbone

Take care, Jim

Unbelievable-------