Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MC 24 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:12 PM
knoen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MC 24 Problems

Hi
I was going to test my new plane today. Everything was tested home, radio worked perfect. Went to the field, switched on radio and receiver, fired up my YS120, took a last check on all functions when it all happened. The radio SHUT OFF. Display was blank with just some horisontal stripes. Turned off the transmitter and turned it on again. Nothing happened!!!!

After manually shut off the engine I disconnected the transmitter battery and connected it again. Turned on the radio and it worked again. Then the output needle started to swing and the radio was black again. I was so pissed off I just packed everything together and went home. Luckily no model was lost and no persons was injured but this is very alarming. Back home I tried to swith on everything and it all worked fine. I have now tried to switch it on and off 40-50 times and it has not happened again. The radio is brand new Graupner MC 24 with fully charged 3000 mah battery pack.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts
Default MC 24 Problems

How cold was it outside? using a mitt over the radio? with a hot pack?

What I'm saying is were the condition inside your house the same as outside, that might make for the difference??

The cold is the reason I don't fly with my 10X here in the winter....

Been to Norway in the winter and it wasn't warn by my scale..... but it was a beautiful country....

Daniel D.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:52 PM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default MC 24 Problems

There have been problems reported with the mc24. Take a look at http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...highlight=mc24

especially post #15 which sounds very similar to yours.

Harryy
Old 01-19-2003, 10:16 AM
knoen

Default MC 24 Problems

Hi
There was +5 celsius so I do not think it is the reason.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:58 AM
SHINDEN
My Feedback: (10)

Default MC-24

I have flown my MC-24 this morning, temp. was -6 deg. C, flown up to -10 deg C, never any problems.
Screen becomes little slower but it works fine, about 500 flight's, all on gasoline, about 1-1/2 year old.

Love it.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:30 PM
knoen

Default MC 24

Hi everyone
I put the transmitter in the freezer (after advice from dealer). Took it out after 5-10 min, switched it on and everything was ok.
Tried several times but everything looked OK. Then I let the transmitter be on and placed it in the room (about +20 Celsius)
After 5 min, the MC 24 blacked out!!!!. Tried to switch on/off and nothing happened. I will now ship it to dealer for service or replacement. Must be something wrong inside. Any others with same problems?