Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Another radio "hit" question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another radio "hit" question

I fly at a remote field, surrounded by farmland. I was flying my 29% Edge. which has flown before without any problems. I range checked it twice and it was fine both times, checked for anything loose. The plane had one "hit" each flight -- a very obvious spasm of the control surfaces and smoke system. I immediately landed both times and still could find no problems with the plane. There were two peices of farm machinery (large tractors) operating adjacent to the field, which is really the only change from previous flying conditions. The hits were distinct individual events, and both happened at about the same place in the air (if that makes sense). Is it possible that something on the farm tractors was causing this? I'm sure they had radios, but I figured they were CB.
Thanks for any ideas.
Sam
Old 10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another radio "hit" question

What was the angle of the plane to the transmitter? Sounds funny but I had a plane that would PCM lock out when it passed 45 degrees to the antenna. It ended up being noise or signals picked up by the aileron servos or extensions. I put in chokes, and never happened again. And I had flown it fine many flights before but when it started, it happened every time until I put in the chokes.