Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need new TX - Futaba FF7 or JR XP7202

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
esc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new TX - Futaba FF7 or JR XP7202

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I want to buy my first computer Tx to give me control over mixing control surface movements and in particular one with a good easy to use timer. I fly elecric 3D and the timer is important to me. It would be nice if this could be triggered with throttle up. Ease of programming is also a key factor.

The two Tx's I am considering are listed above. I am told the JR one will have a slightly different designation number here in the UK when it becomes available in the next couple of months. I have seen little published about the JR set, although I know it is available in the U.S.

Would anyone like to offer an opinion as to which I should choose, or indeed any other make I should consider, and why?

Before anyone suggests it, yes the Futaba 9C would be my ultimnate choice, but it is more money than I want to spend at this time.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

Default RE: Need new TX - Futaba FF7 or JR XP7202

Hi... for your needs with timers and asignations I really believ you should look at the Multiplex Royal Evo' they have 5 timers and at least two (I think) can be asigned to other controls. I got mine (an evo 7) from hobby horse for $250 with receiver and servos. I think they are all gone but the Royal evo 9 is on offer
They can handle both positive and negative shift so they are compatible with futaba and jr.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
esc

Default RE: Need new TX - Futaba FF7 or JR XP7202

Hi Patrick,

Yes, I had looked at the Royal Evo 7 (£264 just for the Tx over here) and really liked it. I have not had one in my hands, but they are reputed to be very comfortable to hold. One thing that really attracts me to them is to being able to rotate the joysticks so they track with the natural movement of your thumbs. Which of course is not at 90 degree to the box your are holding. I think the naturally movement is about 10 degress off that. This would of course mean cleaner control inputs without inadvertant operation of the elevator (mode 2). I don't know of any other Tx that offers this facility.

I believe, and I am sure you will be glad to confirm this, that the programming is very easy. I think they look stunning.

One criticism that was aimed at it's cheaper brother is an out-of-balance feel when the aerial is extended. Do you get this with the Evo 7?

Dag nab it! - I just can't justify the cost. That is why I was looking at the cheaper alternatives that I listed. []

Regards,

Dave