Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Evo 9 Battery

Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
rfenster
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Evo 9 Battery

What kind of voltage do you guys get when your battery is fully charged and you turn on your tx? I am getting 7.3V. I am getting about 45 minutes of "on" time before it starts beeping at me with the voltage alarm set at 6.8. I just got the radio a couple of days ago and with the manual it feels like I am back in grad school . I like the radio so far but it takes a little bit of a paradigm shift from asian radios in order to program it. I have cycled the batteries on my Triton through four cycles and it is cycling over 1500ma. So, is my battery bad or is this normal?
Thanks!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
alan0899

Default RE: Multiplex Evo 9 Battery

G'day Mate,
You really should READ your manual carefully, If you did, you would see that Multiplex has a battery management system built into the Radio, Check out battery management in the manual. Page 69 I believe. you should use the supplied charger, for the system to work properly. It uses a 6cell (7.2 volt) 1500Mah NiMH battery in the TX.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:12 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

A fully charged 6 cell battery should show a lot more than 7.3volts. The standard battery in the Evo lasts for several hours, I think it is possibly the longest lasting use per charge of any Tx! I would have said that you are not gettingit near to full charge but if it discharged 1500mah then you must be close. The wall wart charger that the American distributor sends with the Tx is not a Multiplex item, it is just added on by Hitec USA and is unsuitable, it will not fully charge the Evo battery.

Harry
Old 11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
rfenster
My Feedback: (49)

Thanks Harry, I am thinking that I have a dead cell. The date stamp on the battery shows that it is 10 months old. If it had been sitting for that long uncharged I would assume it is possible for a cell to go bad. I will give Multiplex/Hitec a call and see what they can do.
I agree with you on the unsuitable charger. It is supposed to charge a 1500ma pack at 60ma? This is .25C and (for Allen) according to the manual on page 70 this is in the range of TRICKLE charging.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

The six cell battery in my Profi 4000 charges to better than 8 volts when finished. I suspect you have a charger config or battery problem. I have had battery packs lose there charge quickly after a full charge, I then discard the pack.

Carl