Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

spectrum module

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 01:39 PM
dsllong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spectrum module

Will the Hitec Spectrum work in the Futaba 9C radio?
Old 01-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spectrum module

It will transmit, not legally .
Old 01-20-2003, 02:58 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: spectrum module

Originally posted by dsllong
Will the Hitec Spectrum work in the Futaba 9C radio?
Yes, but with all the disclaimers that come from FCC, Hitec, AMA, and Futaba. This combination is not legally recognized and is banned at AMA events and some AMA-chartered flying sites.

Hitec's representative on this site did at one time express a concern that there was some problems with the 9C and the Spectrum module.

I have the Eclipse with the Spectrum Module, a Futaba 8AU,and a Futaba 9C. I have tried this module in both Futabas and they both worked. I haven't, however, flown any airplanes with these combos and will not do so for personal preferences. Most of my premium airplanes are setup on channel 35 (Futaba 8AU) or channel 38 (Futaba 9C) -- I could interchange the TX modules if I need to. All of my other airplanes are a mixture of other frequencies and that is what I use the Hitec Eclipse 7 for.