Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM 5 channel radio sytem: $200 including Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM 5 channel radio sytem: $200 including Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:10 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM 5 channel radio sytem: $200 including Helicopter

Anybody seen these yet?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250

NO, Not the helicopter: but the radio that comes with it?

Not NEARLY enough info about it at Horizon, I would like to know:

1) Does it have multi aircraft programmability (can it be programmed for more than 1 aircraft)?

2) Are 5 (or at least: 4) channel airplane receivers available for it? If so, how much/ what range/ what are specs?

At a total price of under $200, I would buy one in a flash IF it can be programmed for more than 1 aircraft, AND 4 or 5 channel receivers are available. The helicopter looks like one I could actually handle too.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Raylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM 5 channel radio sytem: $200 including Helicopter

It's designed for the CX2 only. Very strip down model of the DX6. Only will fly the CX2. Not reprogrammable in any way.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM
dribbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM 5 channel radio sytem: $200 including Helicopter

ORIGINAL: Zelatio

It's designed for the CX2 only. Very strip down model of the DX6. Only will fly the CX2. Not reprogrammable in any way.
FWIW...
It is designed as a radio for the CX2. (an RTF product component)
It has nothing to do with or in common with a DX6 (DSM(1)). (See pictures in Gallery at E-fliterc.com)
Read the manual here:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...CX2_Manual.pdf

It has no 'computer radio user interface' and therefore no multiple model memories.
It has servo reversing and perhaps V-Tail and Elevon mixing via DIP switches. (not 'documented', but easy to find)
It has other un-supported features (holding a place for future exansion)
Being CX2, it operates out of the box like an aircraft radio (not CCPM).
It is low power.... Think indoor, or order of magnitude of 350 feet plus or minus.
It has an extra 5th channel via proportional knob.
It is DSM2 technology... very fast and responsive. Very Robust and connected feeling!
I think it should bind to the upcoming SPM AR6100 ultralite 6 ch Rx FWIW (DSM2)
To be clear, it is tasked to fly the BCX2 Heli, which it does VERY WELL.... I can not think of a reason it would not fly a conventional close-in or indoor airplane model.

===========================
The Heli can be bound to a DX7 (DSM2) Tx.

Everyone can find out for themselves as November ends and December begins.

Hope this Helps a little!
David

Old 11-18-2006, 12:14 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for informative reply, David.
Too bad it isn't at all programmable/ multi aircraft capable. Even with it's limited range, I would have been willing to pay more for the Helicopter and system IF the transmitter was a little better. I would have used it for small, electric planes. Oh well.