Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Frequancy/crystals etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 09:20 PM
dcorfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequancy/crystals etc

I bought my son a RC Nitro car for xmas and got hooked have since bought two more on ebay for my other son For his future birthdayand one for me. Problem is frequacies. I am very new to this my dad had an RC boat once and thats all.

The original car was 27MHz 27.255MHz Crystals this worked fine the first new car was also 27MHz 27.225Mz we got some interferance between them is this normal, The third car which we have not used has 40.695MHz due to the interferance we have tried the 40s in my set but it does not work past about a metre. I also have some 27.195MHz crystals which were my Dads will these work or will we get interferance from the other 27s. What is the generak rule how can I overcome the problems.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:37 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, the 40mhz crystals will not work in the 27mhz radios.

Make sure you've got the correct 40mhz Tx and Rx crystals in the radio that is on 40 mhz and then try and run that car on its own. If there are still problems with the radio you might need to investigate further or send the car back.

For the other two cars on 27mhz, it looks like they are on the same frequency. As far as I know there are only 6 frequencies on 27mhz represented by 6 colours.

If the radio is a well known make, then the easiest thing to do is to take both cars to the local Beatties, show the assistant (if you can find an intelligent one) and get a replacement set of crystals for one of the cars.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:42 PM
tiggerinmk

I just noticed you mentioned two frequencies:

27.255 & 27.225. Can you clarify as you said you were getting interference....

You also mentioned your Dad's radio on 27.195...

If your Dad's radio is the same brand as yours and is the same type eg AM or FM then you might be able to use his crystals....

eg You can only use Futaba FM crystals in a Futaba FM radio...
Old 01-24-2003, 09:56 PM
dcorfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To clarify when using 27.255 & 27.225 operating one makes the servos on the other act erratically.

The Radio sets are Hitec, Futaba and Traaxas my dad came from a Acoms
Old 01-25-2003, 12:46 AM
tiggerinmk

First off, forget about the old Acoms in your Dad's boat. If you want to use it some other time for a project, you might be able to use it if your Dad is not using the boat, but the crystals probably aren't any good to you for the other radios.

As for the rest, make sure you've gt all the crystals back in the original Tx / Rx they came in.

With any radio, if the receiver is switched on but the transmitter is not, the servos will jitter around as they will be reacting to any passing signal.

With all batteries charged up, turn on both 27mhz transmitters and receivers in the cars, move the sticks on the radios and see how the cars react. If you are certain you are experiencing interference between the two cars with both radios on, then check the manual that comes with the radio. If the two frequencies are adjacent, that could be causing the interference, although it shouldn't as each frequency should far enough apart.

If adjacent frequencies is the problem then you may have to take both cars to a shop that sell the appropriate radio gear and try different frequencies.