Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Please Help Me With Mixing 2 Channels Please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 07:55 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Me With Mixing 2 Channels Please!

I am using a airtronics M8 radio with a Novak 5 channel reciever, but am only using three channels. This is for a 1/5th scale FG truck. I need to mix channels 1 and 3 together somehow, channel 1 runs throttle/rear brake, channel 3 is front brake only. I am trying to get something to mix the two channels so they both work the brakes when brakes are applied, however, I want to trim the front brake independently of the rear so I can acomplish a perfect 70%front/30%rear brake bias. I have attempted to ask many "knowledgable hobby store employees" only to find them looking at me like I am speaking some forieghn language. Please HELP ME I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH $$$$$$ TO HAVE PEOPLE SAY DUMB THINGS LIKE "CANT YOU JUST PUT A Y CONNECTOR ON IT?" I would appreciate any input on the subject that would net a solution, and money is NO OBJECT, so feel free to recomend anything from adapter to a new radio. thanks, hopelessly lost in Denver Colorado. Todd
Old 01-26-2003, 10:45 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know the M8, is a computer radio that allows channel mixing?

I guess from what you say that the throttle servo is also the rear brake servo? Again I am guessing, is the throttle stick sprung to the centre so that idle is stick at middle and if you pull back it engages the brake? Your problem then is that you want to have a small travel in brake on that channel but mix it to a high travel for the front brake channel. Mixing usually works the other way around, from 100% downwards but not upwards. You have spare channels. Could you arrange for a separate rear brake servo on its own channel? Then when you go into brake, you might be able to program a mix from throttle that is the correct fraction down to the front brake and an even smaller fraction mix down to the rear brake channel.

Harry
Old 01-26-2003, 06:49 PM
DSA.308

Unfortunately the FG servo tray will only allow three servos to be used so designating a seperate rear brake isnt a option. the layout is as follows: there are three servos in a row, the left one does throttle/rear brake, the center one does steering, the left does front bake only. I am unsure if the M8 does channel mixing, when I bought it of course they said yes, but I am coming to find out saying it will and being capable of doing so are two completely different things! :stupid:
Old 01-26-2003, 07:25 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

We really need to know if your M8 does mixing. Does it have an LCD screen and some buttons to get into programming and alter values? If not, then it probably does not have mixing.

If it can mix, you need to mix from throttle to front brake channel. The mix value ought to be separate fro each direction of throtle stick, so 0% mix at throttle forward, 100% at throttle back. That will give max front brake when throttle stick is pulled back. What you have to do then is find some way of reducing rear brake travel without reducing the computer travel value, and this can be done mechanically by moving the brake connection inwards on the servo arm.

Harry
Old 01-27-2003, 02:12 AM
DSA.308

My M8 does have a lcd and you can change all kind of values, set end points etc. but I have just found out I have NO mixing capabilities. I know for a fact Futaba PK3 does do mixxing but I would like to know the other options, like if the JR-R1 would work. I want the best pistol radio money can buy, money isnt as important as having the best equiptment. HELP ME!!!!!