Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZ Battery info

Old 12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ Battery info

Thought this might interest some of you. Last year I ran a discharge test on my 14MZ battery. I just repeated it today. The image below shows the results of those two tests.

Both were done with the TX transmitting, antenna fully extended, backlight off. I also disabled the automatic shutoff mode in the TX. Battery was fully charged using the desktop charger and showed 100% at startup.

Here are the basic results of the latest test:

I hit the 30% stop flying number at 2:50 of on time. This is a slight loss (30 minutes) from when the battery was new.

The alarm sounded at 19% after 3:35 of transmitting on time.

So I got 45 minutes before the alarm went off after hitting 30% whichis Futaba's stop flying number.

It hit 0 % at 4:22 of on time.

It went dark (shut down) at 4:27 of on time. 5 minutes after reading 0 %.

So mine went 52 minutes before going dark and after the alarm starting going off. This is 97 minutes after hitting the 30% stop flying number.

The discharge curves are about the same and show the usual fairly linear trend typical of lithium cells.

Here is a link to a pdf file that is larger and esier to read: [link=http://www.scaleaerobatics.org/PDFDOCS/14MZ-BATT-WEM.pdf]14MZ Discharge Curves[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59969.gif
Views:	7
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	576158