Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TRICKLE CHARGE STATION

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRICKLE CHARGE STATION

Hello Everyone-Quick question and thanks for your help in advance-I am trying to set-up a trickle charging set up for my airplane rack in my shop, I have a rack with 10 planes, I would like to be able to charge all ten at the same time, my battery packs are a combination of NICAD, NIMH only. with voltages of 4.8volts and 6.0 volts, mah of 600 thru 3600, how would you set it up for this-I currently only own three futaba wall wart charges as well as three of the old futaba little square box charges that came with the old radios way back when, and about four other charges Hobbico accu-cycle plus, 2 MRC 959, Accucycle Eliten that I can use for when I would like to get more intense charge situations-but mainly I am trying to establish a plug me in and forget me till we go flying again set-up. I appreciate you reading this long post and trying to help me but I am tired of trying to keep up with what is charged and what is not on the morning of the flying field.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRICKLE CHARGE STATION

hmmm you could get a power strip and an appliance timer..plug the WW's into the strip then plug the strip into the timer..for trickle you can set timer to turn on for and hour or 2 each day after they are charged..for c/10 charging you would have to get a second strip/timer/ww setup or change the timer after they are charged..

on second thought just get 2 Ace SuperDigipulse's..
Old 12-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TRICKLE CHARGE STATION

I use the power strip and appliance timer method to get 9 planes ready to fly. Just set it up to charge for an hour, or two on big packs, a day. But you have to do the full charge cycle first. After a day of flying its not too hard to remember how much time you drained so I set the timer for how long I want then turn it on. Turns off automatically and keeps the batteries about at 95% capacity.
Edwin