Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Will this battery work with Hitec?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:58 AM
chevy43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this battery work with Hitec?

Does this batter have the right connector to work with a Hitec Optic 6 transmitter?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBGF7&P=0
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will this battery work with Hitec?

Hi Chevy43,
No, the connector on that pack is a "universal" servo type plug, unfortunatly Hitec uses a different 2 pin plug that some folks seem to be able to get bass-akwards with unpleasant consequences, there are some vendors that make up packs with that plug http://www.batteriesamerica.com/

Unless you're keeping the original pack as a "backup" why not just splice the connector off the old pack, if the old pack is kaput.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 12-16-2006, 05:58 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Will this battery work with Hitec?

I would keep the old pack as a second pack if it is still good and buy a new pack with the right connector.

Even with a 2500 MAh pack for my radio, I occasionally use the second pack if I have a full weekend of flying, or have loaned it out to help keep a friend in the air.