Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

LCD screen protector

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
bayward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD screen protector

Has anyone started selling pre-cut screen protectors for the LCD screens of our radios ? I am looking for something to protect my mew DX7 from the inevitable scratches if left uncovered. Should I just get a big sheet and try to cut my own ? Die cut to fit around the buttons on the screen would look so much nicer though.

Bob
Old 01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LCD screen protector

Howdy Bob... We make ''em! Hey we are working hard to add the DX7 (it''s the same as the JR 7202 and 6102) ASAP! We are working on the drawings right now and dies to follow. They should be ready in a week or two.

Bill Vail
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
bayward

Thanks Bill. Judging by the lack of responses to this thread I thought I was the only one in the world that thought the screen needed protection.

Bob
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
wjvail

Wow this DX7 Screen took longer than I''d hoped but it''s finally done! The DX7 was one of the tougher Screen Protectors we''ve made. I think the combination of 2 ellipses and 2 holes added to the challenge! I think folks will be really pleased. This has been one of our most requested Screen Protectors.

The DX7 is the same as the JR 7202 and JR 6102.

Bill Vail
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
ggroyal1

I just installed the screen protectors on my JR9303 2.4Ghz and JR7202. They fit perfect, improved the display, and great price. If you want to protect your transmitter LCD screen, get the screen protector from:
http://www.rcscreenprotectors.com/

Happy customer,
George G. Royal
Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Looks like a good product Bill.
Waiting for the Futaba 7C 2.4Ghz.

Greg
Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 PM
rconabudget

I bought some for my Futaba 12FG. They are great!!!! I recommend them to anyone concerned about keeping their radios looking good.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:59 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you guys are right about these protectors. I just ordered a set for my JR X9303. Will post opinion when they arrive.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Four Stroker

They are not easy to install. I recommend some blue 3M painters masking tape on the front/outside surface to hold it. This allows you to position it without touching the edges. He gives you two so you can screw up one and start over - I did.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 PM
wjvail

Hello Folks,

It''s been a while since I posted and I thought I''d say thanks for the kind words and your support. We really do want modelers to be happy with their purchase and we will do all we can to see that you are pleased.

Four Stroker pointed out, they are not easy to apply... I would add that they are extremely easy to apply. Both statements are correct. After being in business for over a year now, we have had folks that have been very happy after applying their first Protector and folks that we have had to send another set after going through 2. The difference seems to be the attention to detail when applying their Protector.

Here is the short list of hot tips for success:

1. Wash your hands! In talking to our film engineers, they tell us you can actually touch the back of the film and not leave a finger print. I certainly wouldn''t try it to see, but they tell us it''s not the touching, per se, that leaves a print. It''s the oils on your fingers that prevents the Self Wetting Adhesive from properly flowing out and laying flat. Simply washing your hands of oils will go a long way to help. The technique of using tape to form "handles" as described by Four Stroker works well for some folks and some screens. Screens like the 9303 and DX7 which are relatively flat and exposed are a better choice for this technique than, say, the 14MZ or 10X where the screen sits in a recessed pocket.

2. Remove all dust from your TX screen and work in a relatively dust free place! A fleck of dust acts like a tent poll under the film and prevents it from laying flat. The results is a bubble that will not go away. The micro fiber towels work really well. (You can get a ton of them from Sam''s Club cheep and they work great on just about everything.) If you do get a fleck of dust under your Screen Protector, you can lift the film and touch the dust speck with a piece of tape to lift the dust and then lay the film back down. Make sure that the dust you just stirred up in cleaning your screen doesn't just settle right back on the screen or get drawn like a moth to a flame onto your film.

3. Just wait a day and see what it looks like! Again in talking to our engineers, they pointed out that the film/adhesive doesn't "stick like tape and for this reason, air bubbles will migrate out on their own. It is not uncommon to have a (some) small air bubbles under your Protector immediately after putting it on. You can lift the film and try and remove them or you can just wait a day or two and see if they don''t go away. In general, your protector will looks its best after it''s been applied for a few days.

We send modelers two not because we think you will ever have to replace a properly installed Screen Protector. We send two so that when you get your Screen Protectors, you have the best opportunity to be pleased with your purchase. Applying them really is as simple as removing the backing and laying ''em down. Just make a commitment to doing it right the first time and you will pleased.

Bill
Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM
ggroyal1

Hello Bill,
Those are great instructions. I also used a can of dust off and everything went fine on the first try on both transmitters(JR9303 & JR7202). My son is the secretary of our local flying club(Stone Mountain Remote Control Flyers) and he emailed all the members the link to your website. After several flying sessions since applying the screen protector, they look great. I also used some of the stock film on my GPS and it turned out great and the touch screen function was not affected.
Thanks,

George G. Royal
Old 04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Four Stroker

Camera lens cleaning solution, cloth, dustoff works well to clean up the transmitter screen. Put one on when the transmitter is new before it gets scratched up. Mine (screen protector) looks like new after about a year.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I just ordred some for my 9C. Do you know when the Futaba 7 CAP/FASST protectors will be out? ALso, the plastic cover on my Alpha 4 charger is kinda foggy. Would this stuff work on it?
Thanks
Sam
Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
wjvail

Hello Folks,

Just checking in to let you know the Futaba 7C is now available. Although it looks similar to the Futaba 9C, it is a completely different design.

Cheers,

Bill