Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Get Rid of the Ratchet

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Get Rid of the Ratchet

I'm trying to find out how I can modify my Futaba Skysport T4YF (75mhz) so that it will function a little better with my Tamiya F-350 Highlift truck. Right now, it is set up with the throttle and steering on the right stick and the "gear shift" on the left (because that is how I drive my tanks). However, since the left stick is ratcheted it will sometimes ease out of second gear and grind a bit. I want it to stay in second gear unless I hold it down for 1st gear or up for 3rd. I am sure there is a way to get rid of the ratchet and add a self-centering spring to that stick, but I cannot find any information about how to do it or where to order the conversion parts.

Heck, I would even be happy to find out about another 4 channel surface frequency transmitter that has two self-centering sticks. I just do not want to go through the hassle of sending an airplane transmitter in to the factory in order to have it changed over to a ground frequency if I can avoid it. []

Is there anyone out there in RC Land who can give me any information or perhaps a link to what I need?

Thanks for any help!
Jason
Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Get Rid of the Ratchet

In case anyone ever has this same question, I wound up taking off one of the centering mechanisms and I used it as a template. I just put it in the place where the absent centering device would go, added a spring and viola! Works perfectly. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Jason
Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 AM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get Rid of the Ratchet

Do what the helicopter guys do, Slip a piece of silicone tube over the ratchet spring, you will still have tension but no clicks i.e.