Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Older TX and newer Rx

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Flutter121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older TX and newer Rx

will this work....

Older Futaba 6 channel radio....FP-T6NFK
New receiver that came with 4 channel TX...TX-T4YF

freq for the older TX...40
freq for the new TX...34

thanks for the help.
hope this is enough info for you gurus. if not let me know
Old 01-01-2007, 10:55 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Older TX and newer Rx

Ok, firom what you indicate, the new receiver is on Ch 34 and the old transmitter is on Ch 40. Unfortunately, Futaba makes two receivers, one for channels 11 to 35 and one for channels 36 to 60. Since your new receiver is on channel 34, you should not change the channel to anything above 35 and you cannot change the transmitter to any other channel without having it retuned.

Hope you understand.

George
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Flutter121

thanks hendrix. i tried a little ground check and got some radical movements. am changing back. last minute fix for a friend.

thanks again

scott
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Flutter121

okay, i have to re-post this and ask again after several opinions from other flying folks and our hobby store. i am taking the older TX and using a new receiver with the crystal that came with that older TX. i don't understand what "tuning" has to be done to a TX and RX if i'm using the same crystal. the TX was bought in 92' and the new reciever last year. the crystal was taken out of the old one and put into the new one. when we talk about tuning, are we talking about the TX being tuned to the freq of the crystal and what does that have to do with the receiver??

hendrix, don't take this re-post wrong. i appreciate your input. just trying to nail down everything before take-off. tx

scott

Old 01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Flutter121

hope that's enough info on the numbers.

thanks again all you gurus
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Flutter,
This is really simple. Your TX and RX are on different sub bands of the 72 mhz band. The TX is tuned at the factory to the frequency of the installed crystal. It is illegal to change the crystal to a different frequency in the USA, without sending it to a FCC authorized service center to be retuned. Your best bet is to buy a Futaba FM receiver on high band and install a crystal that matches your transmitter. A R127DF is common and fairly cheap for as low as $30. RCU classifeds are a great source for these.

Dave
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Flutter121

Dave, i agree with everything you said. I know specifically about receivers, crystals and such. I think though there is some mis-conception about what i am trying to do. I have an older radio and receiver. i have a new radio and receiver. i am taking the old tx and putting the crystal in the new rx to match the tx. i don't see a prob. i might be missing something but if my new receiver is hi-lo compatible, and the transmitter is "tuned" to freq 40, why can't i put the "40" crystal in the new hi/lo reciever and make it work??? The transmitter is tuned to the frequency of the crystal in the receiver. Correct...or am i missing something else. I am not totally confused but getting there quickly. thanks again for the help. i did a field check tonite a 100, and 200 feet. i had no issues. just need to be sure though if i'm not reading the fine print.

thanks Dave

scott
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Scott,
If your receiver does both bands, like some of the newer ones, you are OK. I hope I got this right. Usually they tune the lowband to about CH23 and the highband to ch 47 or so. If you only have one band, they must tune for about 35 or 36. Sounds good.

Dave
Old 01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Flutter121

i appreciate your input Dave. did a 200 and 400 ft ground check today and flew two times with no probs. i will look into this more but think it's okay. am still learning about the freq, high and low, and stuff so be patient all. thanks

scott