Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR R610 recievers-problems/success

Old 02-01-2003, 10:15 PM
speleopower
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R610 recievers-problems/success

I have been trying to use a JR R610 reciever in an electric plane with no success. The range check is only a few feet before glitching begins.
The reciever is about 10" from the speed control and about 1" from the main battery. Antenna stretched out and taped to the outside bottom of the fusaglage. Using a Great Planes C50speed control w/kyosho endoplasma motor and 10cell 3000mAh NiMh batteries.
I have 2 of these recievers and have the same problem with both of them. Both recievers have been used successfully in other planes and have never been involved in crashes. When I hook my JR R600 reciever into the same electric plane there is no problems.
Scott
Old 02-02-2003, 01:34 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Many speed control / motor combinations are not really FCC compliant, they produce unacceptable noise on the 72 mHz band. I don't know that yours is one of them, but it may be.

At the same time, sometimes the R610s have trouble with some speed controls. I don't know why, but I'd suspect it has to do with cutting back on some circuitry to reduce size. In many applications they have no problems at all, in some they do. I think that whatever speed controllers they were tested with were not very noisy. I like R610's and I think they are good for most park flyer applications, but they just don't like some noisy speed controller/ motors.

I suggest using the R610's in something else where they don't get interference or trading them off.

I would move to the R700. It is only slightly larger, but has exellent interference rejection.

If the size is a little too big, remove its case and cover it with shrink wrap or electrical tape instead.

Also, remember to alwas leave an RX antenna at its orignal length.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:39 AM
speleopower

Default R610 recievers

Hi-Thanks for the reply.
I was using the R610 with a Great Planes C50 speed controller. I hooked up my R600 with a Dean's Whip antenna that I originally used in a helicopter. The R600/whip antenna seems to work ok.
The electric plane is large so space is not a problem. It's just the weight.
What is a "quiet" speed control that can handle 10 sub "C" cells at 3000mAh?
Thanks-Scott
Old 02-02-2003, 02:13 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

I have seen several folks use electric Helicopter speed controllers in airplane applications that need a lot of power.

I don't really know how big your aircraft is, or how much wieght would be a problem.

JR makes a good, reliable, rock solid speed controller for 30 size helicopers but it is a bit expensive. It is also big and heavy.

You might find a more suitable one made by another brand.

It is probably cheaper just to change receivers. I would go with the R700.

Another angle you might try is to find a hobby shop that will let you try different speed controllers with your receiver in the store.

If you have not already, you might try asking these questions in the electric/park flyer forum. Those modelers will know much more about speed controllers than I and most of us in here that only fly Nitro and Gas.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install bypass caps at the motor ?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Lynx

Putting a few extra, or bigger caps on never hurts.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:16 PM
speleopower

Default glitching solved-sort of

Yes, the capaciters and diode was installed correctly. What is a good size for larger ones?
But all my glitching problems were solved today. A Extra type plane took off and came up directly through the center of my plane. I didn't even see it coming.
Problem solved!