Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 319 DPS reciever??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Futaba 319 DPS reciever??

How has the Futaba 319 DPS reciever been holding up? I'll be using the Hitec 5955 servos in this system. Any info please. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
jkhorvath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 319 DPS reciever??

I am running the Futaba R319DPS receiver set to channel 31 along with a Futaba T14MZAP radio and a Futaba 9CAP backup radio. The receiver is housed in a Smart-Fly Power Expander all in an Aeroworks 75cc YAK with a 3W 80xi engine running a four-cell NiMH battery servo/receiver power source and a 7.4V two cell TBM Li-Ion for ignition. In the Futaba 9CAP radio I am running a NON-synthesized 72 MHz channel 31 transmitter module. My YAK has four Hitec 5955's in the wings, one more in the rudder, two Hitec 5985's in the elevators, and two Hitec 5645's for the throttle and choke. The receiver antenna is fully extended.

I get more range than expected both with the engine off and with the engine running. I collapse the radio antenna down to one section, point the radio antenna directly at the aircraft with the aircraft about 30 inches off of the ground (on a flight stand). For range checking, I set PCM failsafe on the elevators to full-up. When I run the engine and walk backward away from this aircraft and watch for PCM fail-safe, I will walk away until I cannot see the elevators anymore, and I still cannot see any PCM failsafe in the elevators. So, I think this setup has been good to me, but no guarantees.