Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Is It??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 11:49 PM
avinut
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is It??

I have come into posession of a servo that I cannot identify. It is orange colored and only has two wires. Has a two pin deans connector.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52705_12840.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	32595  
Old 02-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default What Is It??

Possibly an OLD EK Logictrol servo. they came with red or orange cases.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:27 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default servo

If it has a white servo horn and the plug looks like a Deans It is the old Goldberg retrack servo they made for their retracks. It goes 90 degrees both ways. It was bulit in a D&R servo case and gears. Ace had some servos made by them and R&S Systems also used them, I still have an old R&S Radio From 74 or 75. I still have one of the GB retrack servos
Old 02-05-2003, 11:05 PM
avinut
My Feedback: (2)

Default What Is It??

Kris/jetranger,
Thanks for the responses. A retract servo would make sense I guess since this thing only has two wires. There is no kind of identifying mark that I can find. I got it with a lot of kraft servos that I bought and it sure as heck don't go with them.
If I just connect this thing to a battery will it function? Since it only has two wires what else could it want? Got to be on/off right? How was it actuated?
Looks like the more answers I get the more questions I have!!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:38 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default servo

avinut

There were two micro switches that came with the servo and a battery holder. When set up a servo would hit one switch and gear up and then back to other switch for gear down. I think the switches came mounted on a plate Those parts I can not find. Also there was a three armed servo arm the center arm was L shaped for the nose gear rod it was orange color