Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

new radio recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:36 AM
andrew100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new radio recommendation

Hi,

I'm on the market for a new radio, I'm thinking about the JR 7channel or the Spektrum 7channel. I like to get the JR but have heard it has clitches. Does anyone has any recommendations? I'm also heading to Japan next month and I might be able to get more support in Japan with the JR product.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Crismedicatrix

Default RE: new radio recommendation

Hi Andrew100:

That is cool, a new radio is always something !
I think it depends on where you want to take your flying! If you get a radio with lots of capabilities
it will give you a few more options in correcting flight tendencies and better control, or some fency nice things that makes life easier when setting up a new plane. I like aerobatics and up to date flown up to 27% aircraft so I did not need more than 8 channels max, 2 servos on seperate channels on elevator and a smoke pump. But with a less capable radio I could not have done some of the fun mixing I have here. I am very happy with my older JR PCM 10, and some time in the future look to upgrade to the 10x. I think the JR 9 Channel (9303) is a very flexible radio, but the 10x gives lots of possibilities in a simpler visual approach.
But if you just want to relax and have something ligther to hold and lighter to pay, I think a seven or an eight channel is perfect. No flight modes, but plenty of expo to do all your tricks and a couple more channels to add one or two extras, like retracts or flaps. I would certainly look into the SPECKTRUM.
Hope it helps
Have fun
Old 01-28-2007, 08:29 PM
andrew100

Thanks for the info Crismedicatrix,

Does anyone have any experience in Japan in radio controls? What frequencies are allowed? Will the DX7 or the JR7ch be able change the frequency easily?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Crismedicatrix

Hi Andrew100:

There is a guy here in my field(Brazil) who was a Japan resident for many years and he brought several radios, He says the type of pcm is different there, but we exchanged modules to see if works and worked ok, also some guys in RCU have Japanese made JR and plug a 72mhz module and works fine, so probably works with the right module!
Good luck there
Old 01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
alan0899

G'day Andrew,
Don't stuff around with anything else, go Spektrum, DX7.
No frequency problems, usable world wide, no glitches, 20 model memory, & cheap, compared to other 7 channel JR radio's.
Plus loads of other advantages to numerous to mention.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
jamesc43
My Feedback: (2)

What is the difference between the ground and air Spectrum systems? Normal air and ground systems are on different frequencies (72 versus 75 mgh). HAs this been done with the 2.4 ghz systems also?

James