Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba anounces Spread Spectrum system in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
A Betancourt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba anounces Spread Spectrum system in Europe

Futaba anounced their new Spread Spectrum system for parkflyers, here is the text from the Robbe site:

http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.s...ngeLanguage/EN

Regards,

Alfredo Betancourt

FASST - Futaba Advanced Spread Spectrum Technology
Fully expanded six-channel computer system with ergonomically efficient hand-held transmitter incorporating FASST 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum technology, for indoor and park-fly model aircraft and micro helicopters.
No crystals, no need to select frequencies, maximum protection from samechannel interference (channel clashes).
The transmitter and receiver of a FASST modulation system constantly jump from channel to channel at the same rhythm, at a rate of several times per second. Since the system only occupies a particular spot frequency for a very short period, narrow-band interference is suppressed very effectively. FASST technology eliminates the need for a scanner in the transmitter, as the transmitter and receiver are constantly and synchronously swapping frequencies in any case.
For unambiguous identification the transmitter also sends an individual code. Channel clashes are virtually inconceivable, as there are more than 130 million possible code combinations.
The transmitter code can be stored in the receiver; this action ‘binds’ (fixes) the receiver to this one transmitter.
No matter which or how many transmitters subsequently log onto the ISM band, the receiver will only accept signals from the transmitter sending this special code. This fixed assignment between transmitter and receiver naturally offers the best possible basis for the suppression of interference signals, as the receiver is fitted with a digital filter which filters out just the control signals from the receiver’s ‘own’ transmitter.
Clear 100-segment LCD screen for adjusting and displaying functions.
Six internal model memories
Precision digital trims
Integral folding stub aerial
Integral Trainer system
Integral charge socket, prepared for rechargeable battery

Optional
Base functions
Model select, six model memories
Model name (four characters)
Stick mode select, modes 1 ... 4
3 x switchable Dual Rates D/R and exponential function (EXP)
Digital stick trims with trim value memory
Servo end-point adjustment (ATV / EPA), separate for both sides of centre
Low battery alarm
Fail-safe facility, channels 1 ... 6
Reset
Mixer type select for fixed-wing models and helicopters
Fixed-wing model aircraft:
Trainer (teacher / pupil) mode
Two programmable 3-point mixers, 1 rate
Flaperon mixer with differential
Flaperon trim (two rates)
V-tail mixer
Delta mixer
Throttle cut (motor stop)
Model helicopters:
Trainer (pupil) mode
Five-point throttle curve, normal
Five-point collective pitch curve, normal
Five-point throttle curve, Idle-up 1
Five-point collective pitch curve, Idle-up 1
Auto-rotation
Collective pitch -> tail rotor mixer (revo-mix)
Gyro gain set-up menu
Swashplate -> throttle mixer
Swashplate mixers: H1, HR3 (CCPM 120°), H3 (CCPM 90°)
Specification:
Channel spacing: 2048 kHz
Spotfrequencies: 36.00
Current drain: 180 mA
Power Supply: 9.6...12 V
Transmission system: FM
more Specifications:

Old 02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba anounces Spread Spectrum system in Europe

All that programming and mixing is for park fliers?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Jimnie

Dirty,
All that is pretty standard in sport radios these days. But I don't see two things that are important, one is sub trim? It must be there. Second is the question of ModelMatch. If the Rx is permanently bound to the TX then the model memory can't differentiate between models so a person can accidently select the wrong model from memory (only 6?) and model name with 4 characters? Whats up with that. Also what about a second rx bought from a dealer, how does it find the tx?
Is there any note of being approved by FCC
Jimnie
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Jimnie

Gone Quiet???
J
Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Sabre

for all aircraft from giant scale to
park flyer applications-no need to buy separate receiver for
specific aircraft

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXPZT8&P=

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54017.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	628791  
Old 02-25-2007, 01:35 AM
carmatic1

ORIGINAL: Jimnie

Is there any note of being approved by FCC
no, because they have to meet ETSI standards instead...
Old 02-25-2007, 08:39 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be great to see the 12Z or 14MZ 2.4Ghz version this year. I expect the pricing to be 20-25% more than the PCM versions. I like the all-in-one receiver, rather than two receivers. The customized Futaba microprocessor is another plus.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 AM
carmatic1

actually, thinking about what i posted... is this actually going to be released in the US as well? or has it been released already
Old 02-25-2007, 04:28 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

I posted this elsewhere, but it might more appropriate here.

Here is something to speculate about. I had an e-mail conversation with a fellow modeler that was in Tokyo a couple of months ago. He said that he had a 2.4 Futaba 14 in his hands. He did not say when or if it will be released in America, but it was being used in some Asian countries.
Now, if what he says is true, I would expect Futaba to be releasing something soon. Hopefully before 2008
Old 03-17-2007, 10:57 AM
alpinestar

GOT ONE!!

I just picked up a Futaba T6EX yesterday at Rider's in Grand Rapids, MI... Couldn't believe it when I saw it in the case!! I've been watching Tower's stock status for this radio & was very surprised to see it at a local retailer before I could buy it online. not a bad price, either ($199 for the tx/rx combo, no servos)
I've already got the rec installed in my T-rex and all the programming done, now I just have to wait for the wind to go down a bit and see how it goes.... Gotta be better than my prior setup with a Hitec electron rec. glitch city, especially indoors.
I am bummed about the lack of programming power of the T6EX versus my 9C, but it's just a matter of time before a spread-spectrum 9C replacement comes out.
No more 27mhz recievers for me!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Flip and Fly

Yes this looks good. I like the all in one receiver too, no satellite bits. Also I can see this as a new trend with futaba, I am waiting for the 9C or something like it to come out in 2.4.

Futaba, JR, or even multiplex, if either one can produce a good quality all in one receiver on 2.4 I'm in
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM
pilotpete2

Well, when I was at the WRAM show three weeks ago, the Futaba guys where saying 2.4GHz modules are planned soon, what they mean by "soon" is anyones guess
, but this is NOT the time to jump in the 2.4G pool if you don't just HAVE to have the lastest and greatest right away, better to wait and see as the saga unfolds.
Pete
Old 03-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Flip and Fly

Yes I could see them producing modules for a time so people can use their existing radios. But at some point the module thing will end and everyone will go complete 2.4 systems. How long must I wait!

The thing is I can live with what I have, but I am always a little nervous of being shot down at times, it happened before

So by spring I may go with a cheap Futaba Fasst system with two receivers so that I can fly my GS setups, and when a very nice radio comes out I will switch over to that.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM
pilotpete2

Agreed that the modules will be a temporary solution, but an attractive one for many that want to go 2.4SS, but don't want to replace all their receivers at one shot, quick change the module and you're back on 72MHz. Just my 2 cents here on the Spektrum modules, the antenna s@#ks. Can any of the Spektrum guys explain why Spektrum has to have the hinge for the active element so high up off the Tx case?? Futabas FASST Tx antenna is way neater, let's see which one has a higher rate of busted antennas
Pete
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM
alpinestar

Warm enough (48 farenheit) and just barely calm enough (flag not sticking straight out all the time) to go fly today... All the glitching I had with a 9C/electron rec setup in my T-rex now gone with the Futaba spread spectrum system. Very very smooth response versus FM!! Can't wait 'till the additional receivers are available, and really cant wait for a more powerful (programming-wise) system. I'm not terribly interested in the module approach as I have a fleet of 27mhz planes now, anything new will be SS.
It is weird flying around without a 4' antenna out in front of me!