Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Am I the only one that flys with Airtronics??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Matt-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one that flys with Airtronics??

No matter where I go in the midwest, it seems like I am the only one flying with Airtronics radio gear. When guys see that I have Airtronics, I hear the geers boos and hisses.

Is Airtronics just a west coast thing?? (By the way, I love my Aitronics radios!)
Old 02-07-2003, 12:37 AM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Airtronics

Airtronics JR FUT Kraft Hitec their all JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!! I fly all five of them and thats what I also hear. All the radios are good If they work fly them. It seems like the guys whinning and saying this one is better than the other are the guys who bring a plane to the field set it up and sit all day and don't fly Who cares fly it and have fun.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:29 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

I agree with you JetRanger. I drive GM, Ford, and Dodge. I even have fond memories of an old Datsun.

Can't we all just get along and have fun? Everybody makes good stuff for the most part.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:15 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I to was the ONLY one flying Airtronics at the field. I have had all but Jr. Futaba worked well but had problems with service. I loved my Hitec until the service department got a hold of it. I still have a Kraft, EK Logic, Heath kit and a galloping ghost in a box. In there day they were the best. Any of the newer radios will be good. I have just had better luck with Airtronics so that is why I fly with them.

Dru.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:16 AM
rc bugman
My Feedback: (30)

I fly airtronics and love them. I have many hrs on my radios without any problems.

Elson
Old 02-07-2003, 02:22 AM
Tippie

Well, brand specific doesn't matter. Anything that "works" is "good" and anything that "doesn't" work is junk. Doesn't make any difference how much it costs. Cadillacs that don't work are junk, Yugo's what work are good. And "dat's da name of dat tune" Whoops, he is accused of killing his wife, for those old timers that remember who said that.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:24 AM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Airtronics

I've flown nothing but Airtronics since the early 80's and have had over a dozen of their radios - low end to high end, trainers to turbines. Good stuff.

Funny thing about Airtronics, you don't much see anybody complaining about them, you don't much see the problems with long leads, interference, servo's, programing, etc., and you don't much see them for sale.

On the other hand, they don't seem to be able to market the brand into a powerhouse. They went after the sailplane market big time many moons ago with the Vision, but that's history for them now. They need a new strategy. Last year it was flight packs with a "crystal". Hardly a world beater. Sort of stalled when the Renaud family sold out. Too bad.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:33 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

When i returned to this hobby after a 6 year break I purchased a fut 6 xas......I was always a futaba flyer and it was natural to return to them. I needed a second radio for my son a couple of months later and got a great deal on an airtronics RD 6000 so i thought I would give it a try...WOW !!!!....I have since sold the xas and purchased a second RD 6000 Great radios and great support. I plan on staying an Airtronics flyer for quite a while
B-
Old 02-07-2003, 03:47 AM
DKY

I to am flying Airtronics Stylus PCM and it is very good value for the dollar. About the only feature I find missing that I would like to see is (7-13 pt) travel curves for the individual servochannels.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:16 AM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

I would like to see them make a 10 CH. radio with out too much bells and whistles. I have the Radiant and love it. Just the simplest radio to program. Futabas are a nightmare to set up ,,menu ....sub-menu then there is sub-sub menus ...U need a PhD. just to set them up. My Airtronics I did`nt even had to look at the manual . I have been using Airtronics for years and love it.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:38 AM
CP140

Love my RD6000... but then again, I am on the West Coast....hmmm
Old 02-07-2003, 03:56 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been flying with Airtronics since '82. I've got the first Vision that ever came into the states and it's still going strong and flying every weekend.
Course, like CP140 said, I'm on the West Coast.

CP-140, when I was active duty we had an exchange program with a squadron and I did a couple missions with them. The plane was a tail tragger that looked somewhat like a Flying Fortress, CP-104 maybe. Been a long time ago.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:23 PM
rusgmil

Bought one of the first Airtronics (XL) on the market in 1981 and have a Stylus now. Today all radio system are reliable, some may be easier to program and have more channels. And some brands have much larger advertising budgets and sponsor big name flyers and that will sell name recognition.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 91zulu
I would like to see them make a 10 CH. radio with out too much bells and whistles. I have the Radiant and love it. Just the simplest radio to program. Futabas are a nightmare to set up ,,menu ....sub-menu then there is sub-sub menus ...U need a PhD. just to set them up. My Airtronics I did`nt even had to look at the manual . I have been using Airtronics for years and love it.
You need an Infinity 1000. I have an Infinity 600A and like it a lot. It has some features that you only find in other high end radios, such as switch assignability. As far as Futaba goes, it's obvious you haven't used a 9C yet.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:25 PM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

I bought an old Airtronics 7P module. 5 servos batterys reciever, for $40. Front cover was broke, fixed that, the thing works great.

airtronics++;
Old 02-07-2003, 06:55 PM
CUB1
My Feedback: (11)

Default Infinity 1000

Hummm!!!!
Flyfalcons do you have one for sale....I`ll take it off yours hands.

I have been looking for an Infinity 1000 Tx for awhile now.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, no 1000 in my house. When I got the 600A it was stretching my budget, but I don't ever plan on selling that one.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:57 PM
CUB1
My Feedback: (11)

Ryan,
I have a 600A too, it is a good radio.
I bought it back in the mid 90`s and it has never given me any problem.
But I wish I would have gotten the 1000, just to have the extra channels.

I use my Stylus most of the time now, and it is a good Tx too.
But it`s time for Airtronics to come out with another 10ch radio.

They need to stay in competition with the other guys.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:50 PM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Default Airtronics

Well I have been flying Airtronics for the last 18 years that I have been flying. I started off with a 4 channel Vanguard way back then and then I bought a used Module 7 channel and kept it for several years bought 2 Visions sold them and bought a Stylus and an RD600 Super. I love them both but I need a 10 channels Stylus I hope that Airtronics comes out with one soon and that it uses the cards that I already own for my Stylus
One could only hope
Joe
Old 02-07-2003, 10:04 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Fly, my friend has the new Fut. 9C and U`re right it is a lot easer to use compare to the 8UAF and the 9ZAP. I forgot about the 9C. But still it`s not as easy as the Radiant. I also have the Eclipse 7 from Hitec which is`nt too bad to set up.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:27 PM
CP140

Originally posted by s3nfo
Been flying with Airtronics since '82. I've got the first Vision that ever came into the states and it's still going strong and flying every weekend.
Course, like CP140 said, I'm on the West Coast.

CP-140, when I was active duty we had an exchange program with a squadron and I did a couple missions with them. The plane was a tail tragger that looked somewhat like a Flying Fortress, CP-104 maybe. Been a long time ago.

Hmm... not quite sure what aircraft it would have been. the only one with "104" would have been the CF104 Starfighter... how long ago? I retired from the service a number of years ago, but even when I started all the aircraft were tricycle gear... Lancaster perhaps?
Old 02-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Kris^
Banned

I've had a Stylus on the shelf, with 4 RX's, for quite a while now, but have finally managed to get a plane to use it with. Radio Gear is going to be the Stylus tx and rx with HiTecs for servos. I am seriously tempted to get a Calvin peeing on JR and Futaba for the tail . . . just tempted though. It is not as easy to program as my 10sx or 8103, but it's still a fine radio. I'm looking forward to using it.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:11 AM
viper21

Default Stylus

I love my Stylus but I really wish it had at least 10 channels. Instead Airtronics brings out an 8 channel RD6000 please . What they need is a 10 channel Stylus I would be one of the first to buy one as long as I dont have to buy any new cards for it. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
Viper
Old 02-08-2003, 04:06 AM
AtomHeartMother

"You'll get my RD6000 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"
Meet another Ohioan in the Airtronics minority ! I'm the only one of the bunch I fly with that has Airtronics radios as well. You know, when they're trying to figure out which trim is which, which model is which and what menu does what...I'm flying.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:49 AM
viper21

Default RD 6000

I too love my RD 6000 Super so much that when Airtronics came out with the Super I sold my regular first version 6000 and bought a Super so I could have the extra memories and the 3 position flap switch. I am not saying that I would sell either of my radios. I just want a Stylus that is 10 channels is all. Its tough to figure out how your going to run a 4 servo jet wing and still have channels for air brakes and flaps. 10 channels would fix that but I love both my Airtronics radios and one even better aspect for me is that they are only 20 minutes from my house so service is great. But dont think that I am not in the Minority here on the west coast lots of people fly Futaba and JR too. But not me.
Viper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.